New Inspector in Texas

Hello;

I am having trouble passing the National Exam for Texas Professional Inspectors. It’s impossible to know how the questions are weighted and missing it by 2 points is a nightmare. Is there anyone who can offer advice on where you can procure test prep material. The school I added offered it but those test were simple compared to the real test so it wasn’t much help.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Texas uses the goofy NHIE. Answers here: www.nachi.org/qa.htm Also, keep taking the free, online courses: www.nachi.org/education

it’s getting beyond absurd down here

best advice i have is anyone that can’t pass with the lowered scores may need to consider a different career choice & any agency that considers below 80% as passing ought to be run out of office

back in the day 80% was required and many including me before, during & after test taking thought that bar was way to low

currently
230 questions total
rei 145 questions correctly answered = 63%
pi 146 questions correctly answered = 63.5% fudged

pass scores: For Real Estate Inspectors, you need to answer 127 questions correctly on the National examination and 18 questions correctly on the State examination in order to pass the examination. For Professional Inspectors, you need to answer 127 questions correctly on the National examination and 19 questions correctly on the State examination in order to pass the examination.

it’s getting beyond absurd down here

best advice i have is anyone that can’t pass with the lowered scores may need to consider a different career choice & any agency that considers below 80% as passing ought to be run out of office

back in the day 80% was required and many including me before, during & after test taking thought that bar was way to low

currently
pass scores: For Real Estate Inspectors, you need to answer 127 questions correctly on the National examination and 18 questions correctly on the State examination in order to pass the examination. For Professional Inspectors, you need to answer 127 questions correctly on the National examination and 19 questions correctly on the State examination in order to pass the examination.
230 questions total
rei 145 questions correctly answered = 63%
pi 146 questions correctly answered = 63.5% fudged

when D- becomes the bar to achieve…you haven’t achieved much & shouldn’t expect a long career

or buy the book…ugh

You are such a meenie! All I did was ask for help so I have a chance of passing the test. Can I help it if I don’t know what I am doing? I thought the streets in Texas were all paved with gold and houses made of silver. I just want to get my cut of the pie.

i’m mean because you can’t pass or handle facts…gmafb

yes you can help it if you don’t know…learn or leave before you invest any more time & money

some semblance of the basics once achieved may get you your cut

your competency to perform is only as good as your understanding of what you’re supposed to know & do for consumers
we have plenty of halfast already

would you want a D- person from any trade or profession working in you behalf

another route maybe better suited for you would be to work under a pro until you know what’s what

i’m mean because you can’t pass or handle facts…gmafb

yes “you can help it if you don’t know what you’re doing”…learn or leave before you invest any more time & money & potentially harm consumers

some semblance of the basics once achieved may get you your cut

your competency to perform is only as good as your understanding of what you’re supposed to know & do for consumers
we have plenty of halfast conspectors already

would you want a D- person from any trade or profession working in you behalf

another route maybe better suited for you would be to work under a pro until you know what’s what

best to you regardless of what’s in your future

see my contact in sig if you want to have an adult conversation

Is it really that hard to pass the Texas test? I heard the final score is actually a joke and two questions are heavily weighted toward the final results.

What is your name = 25% of the score
What is the date = 25% of the score

After passing the test they hand out their diploma and license along with a flashlight and clip board releasing them onto the public!