The Brotherhood of the Traveling Drone OR The kindness of many

So, let me share a story from the WIN Home Inspection Business Conference Last week in Nashville.

For those of you who are not aware Nick and the Certified Master Inspectors Board not only were exhibitors at our conference but also sponsored our Awards Banquet on Saturday Night. Thank you, Nick.

But that is not where this story ends… In fact, it is just the beginning.

You see there was a drawing for two Autel X-Star Premium Drones. The package has a value of $799. So the first ticket is drawn and a gentleman by the name of Jim Swhitzer from Orlando, FL wins the first one. Jim goes up, claims his drone and returns to his table. Now the second ticket is drawn and the drawer gets a strange look on his face. Jim won the second drone as well. Jim’s wife goes up and retrieves the second drone and returns to their table only to come back to the stage and talk to Home office Staff.

Now, this is where it becomes interesting. Jim says he is putting the second drone up for auction with all money going to the Wounded Warrior Project. Well… the auction begins and bids begin to climb. (Note, some bids are not exact) $200, $400, $500, $550 a voice comes from behind me. Yep, it’s Nick! Oh, I forgot to mention Scott Sehi who is an InterNACHI member and CMI is also bidding. $600, $675, $700 the bidding continues. $800, remember the package is valued at $799. Bidding continues and soon we are at about $850 at this point it is a bidding battle between Scott and Nick. Ultimately, Nick wins out with a bid of $1015.00.

Nick stands up and instead of going to retrieve his prize says he too is putting the drone up for auction again with the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project. The bidding his fast and furious this time with Mr Scott Sehi claiming victory with another bid of $1,015. Scott, not to be outdone by Nick ALSO returns the drone to auction again all proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project. The Home Office staff seeing a trend here announces this is the final auction the winner takes the drone home.

Who would have thought that a simple drawing would result in such a display of kindness and giving. In all, through the kind hearts of three WIN Franchise owners and Nick a check for $3,030 is going to the Wounded Warriors Project.

I am blessed to be in the company of such loving people. Thanks to each of you.

Thank you Willy.

Nice!