CMI Approved Education

Hi John et al: I was curious in finding out how “one” goes about becoming an “approved” education provider for the CMI program?

Could may private email me at: clawrenson@acncanada.net
or post if you care to here.

Thanks in advance.

C.Lawrenson, President
Inspection Support Services Inc.
An education provider for Humber College, Toronto Ontario

Please understand Claude is a CAHPI Member a close friend of Bill Mullens and is the
http://www.nca-anc.com/images/M_images/pdf_button.png http://www.nca-anc.com/images/M_images/printButton.png http://www.nca-anc.com/images/M_images/emailButton.png **

http://www.nca-anc.com/images/stories/photo%20claude%20l%20-%20web.jpg

NCA Chair**
Claude Lawrenson NCA #00015
Tecumseh, ON
Email:
clawrenson@acncanada.net This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

My past experience is that information sent to Claude and asked to keep it to himself as it was confidential information .
He immediatly gave it to Bill Mullen .
Sorry But no way do I think Claude should receive information that you do not wish it to get to OAHI/CAHPI .

Roy Cooke

Thanks for the quick response from the CMI. Is this the official position?

It seems that it now makes a lot of sense - why I have not been able to access the CMI website, after I joined, and was accepted under the vendor section. I wonder who could have helped in denying that?

It seems that CMI must have a policy for “exclusionary” denial of education providers in place - if that is the official position. Is it based on my membership in CAHPI? I certainly would appreciate an “official” response.

Anyways my point being - I asked nicely - and if that is the official position, I accept it, for the time being.

Regards, Claude

No I only speak for Roy .

I am not sure what your response has to do with my simple request to the CMI. Certainly the CMI has a lot better and more important things to do than deal with a few sour personal feelings.

It’s unfortunate that your feeling about other situations between you and Mr. Mullen need to spill over in yet another discussion.

More to my point - is the question I asked - really that offending? I was simply looking for an honest, straight forward answer from someone of authority without it becoming tainted with personal bias.

Claude you are correct my response had more to do then you request.
My feeling to Bill Mullen had nothing to do with my post.
I do feel you are a great teacher and could have been a big asset to the CMI program if NACHI was to choose you to do it .

MY response was to do with my giving information to you that I requested you to keep it confidential.
You did violate that trust, so in my openion I feel NACHI should understand what I feel your word is worth. ZIP
.You admitted that you had done it and never even offered an apology.

A persons word to me is the most valuable thing they own

… Cookie

Please email me privately - indicating the offense. I certainly will apologize if there is merit to your claim - even publicly if you wish on this forum.

What rubs a number of people wrongly is your constant mockery and consistent squawking on CAHPI - OAHI and the National Certification program. One only look at your signature line and see that you indicate National Certification and a #… behind it. That is where the issue started. Perhaps you see no offense in it, but others do. It is a direct mockery of the policy for advertising national certificate holders in Canada in the National Certification Program.

Do you see me here, or anyone else doing the same about mocking the CMI?

So lets agree to move on.

I could care less that you say others think . .
If they have a problem then let them take it up with me .
My post has a legal National Certification # at the bottom .
I can send you a copy of the certification .
You talk about my constant mockery of OAHI and CAHPI well there is s simple way to stop this and that is for the rules to be followed.
I expect it is those who are involved with the NC .
They have brought this all upon them selves .
NACHI has offered in all cases good support to all home inspectors CAHPI has never to my knowledge replied to any of this .
I sent in the offer of free both and reduced rates and Bill made a mockery of me and my post .
I used the FNNBOA and you and Bill immediately jumped on me for using what I am entitled to use .
You have used this frequently about how they are part of the National Certification and I have never seen that mentioned in any of the information I receive from the FNNBOA.
I sent email to your CAHPI President and A phone call to the CAHPI Pres and never had the courtesy of a reply .
Bill Mullen comes into our home and calls me and others a liar and you expect me to not respond.
Claude until OAHI and CAHPI treat NACHI and its members with the proper etiquette then you can be sure I will give my openion on what is wrong with you and your associations .
I have nothing to say I am sorry for that I am aware of but you and Bill do not give out what you need to .
You evade and run away .
Very poor way to try and improve out associations getting along

DOES A PROMISE MEAN ANYTHING IN THIS DAMN WORLD ANY MORE?

WHERE ARE REAL MEN WHO KEEP THEIR WORD AND HONOR AGREEMENTS

Roy - respectfully - I do not run OAHI or CAHPI - I suggest that you take up your concerns with them. File a formal complaint along with your proof of documentation.

Does that not seem fair enough. Why does it belong here? For me as John Lueck use to say - “nuff said”.

I thought we where talking about me and my NC .
I thought we where talking about no information being given from the NC .
I could care less about CAHPI but when CAHPI wants to use NACHI for the National Certification then I will stand up and give my thoughts on all.
Evade like you wish double talk like you do the truth is I feel Those in charge of the NC do not treat the NACHI members and the NACHI BB properly.
You can say Nuff said that, has been your way all the time .
I am like a dog with a bone never let go.
… Cookie CMI …is far Superior and has listed those who are CMIs . Secrets are not the NACHI way .
Fille a formal complaint , well I did and it is sitting in a drawer or has been discarded as they are too busy Terry Carsons words.

Sorry to others - but we are experiencing serious thread drift here. But (Roy) since you feel that I evade your questions…

Offers have been communicated to Nick, and the NCA would welcome an Equivalency Review by the independant management consultants of NACHI and/or the CMI.

FYI: Others associations are stepping up to the plate. So good for them in seeing the opportunities that others choose not to recognize. Perhaps it has benefits in several provinces where other home inspectors and associations as well as training providers outside of Canada that are aligned to recognize those benefits in our future vision.

It’s simply a matter of choice, apply or not! As much as you may wish that the NC will fail, it is moving forward, like it or not. For anyone to speculate that NACHI or CMI or CAHPI or OAHI is better or not is just a small groups attempt to undermine any goodwill that some have tried to build in bridging differences. It will always be doomed to fail unless some people are smart enough to realize the commonalties we share, rather than pecking away at negative details that are best solved internally within those associations.

You say you could care less - but who keeps raising the issue of OAHI and CAHPI time and time again? So I say give it a break - not just for me - but for all the others that have experienced you regurgitated messages over and over again. The witch hunt is over - yes, there may be skeltons in the closet - yes, we get it!

As such - I am an optimist - not a pessimist! I look forward to a fair playing field for one and all, providing we are playing by the same rules of the game. At least some people are moving forward to invoke changes.

Claude I am not here to defend Roy, but I am here to tell you and everyone else reading this post that OAHI has buried several complaints.

Claude you appear to be aiding and abetting serve abuses of members rights in Ontario. Given the current state of affairs you have no business boosting and assisting what can only be described as a corrupt association.

As an educator and champion of information you sure do like to ignore the obvious to bolster your own position and cause.

You hypocrite!
Nuff said alright!

Claude I am not here to defend Roy, but I am here to tell you and everyone else reading this post that OAHI has buried several complaints.

Claude you appear to be aiding and abetting serve abuses of members rights in Ontario. Given the current state of affairs you have no business boosting and assisting what can only be described as a corrupt association.

As an educator and champion of information you sure do like to ignore the obvious to bolster your own position and cause.

You hypocrite!
Nuff said alright!

You are just kidding your self about Changes I have not seen any thing to give changes too.
I am for all home inspectors . I have seen the way CAHPI OAHI operates and the NC is not one little bit different.
If Claude is not part of the solution then he is part of the problem.
You and your group are just out to sell some thing and if you where honest you would show us the results.
He77 Claude I will be dead soon it would be so easy to just forget you and let your group s(rew all the home inspectors.
Well Sorry there is No F in way.
It is Obvious you need NACHI or you would take your ball and go home.

Thanks - seems you have summed it up very professionally!

If i remember correctly i did approve you for the CMI board. No one else can change that. If you are having problems email me and well get it going.

Mr Lawrenson,

I sent you an email and will be in touch.
Thanks.

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

Hey Claude;

I’m not sure what all of this is about, but you might post this information and or request over on the CMI board at:

http://www.certifiedmaster.com/forum/index.php

It will not doubt get more specific attention that your looking for over there. Posting about CMI issues here at NACHI seems to attract a lot of negative responses. Since Mr. Rowan is no longer in charge of CMI, that may have had an impact on your access to CMI. You’ll need to re-register and then address any vendor issues with CMI management.

All of this is just my opinion of course…

I hold no CMI office, nor have any official capacity at CMI…

I’m just a very happy and successful NACHI and CMI member…:wink: