CMI history

I am making hard choices on direction once I see I have earned them.

1. What was the real objective when it was first conceived.
  2. What is the CMI designation?
  3. What about the security back ground check. Do I do it or does CMI broad do it? I do not want my files being open to anyone to view.
  4. Where is it going now.

I know an individual that can not inspect a dog house yet a little work for INACHI and low and behold, a CMI he waves around.

I see links leading no ware, other links that are money for CMI. $2,999.
I think I have the figure right.
Much like Carson Dunlop?
Any real information would be appreciated.
Contact me through my email address.

Just like any thing else good and bad belong Robert.
If you feel it is not worth it dont Join
It is not mandatory .

I feel it was a great business decision for us.

Those that are CMI’s seem to be a **lot happier **then those who are not CMI’s .
They also seem to me to like to help our industry .

CMI is a crock of s h i t. It deceives the public into believing a “Master Inspector” is performing their inspection. Pure bull s h i t. Sad but true.

You want History? Start here…

That beginning I know already. Jeffrey.
I know the principle players involved in its conception.

Was it free at one time?
I see things getting out of hand with little control.
Always been this way?

I’m not sure if it was ever free… but I do know it was $50 not that long ago (5 or 6 years ago?).

Nick himself has stated a few times in the last couple of years that the CMI designatiuon is strictly a marketing ploy. Don’t believe me? Ask him yourself.

When discussions occur about the qualifications to be toughened, the only thing that happens is the fee get’s raised. Currently at $1,000 USD.

Fact… I was qualified many years ago, and I refuse to participate until if and when the CMI program actually means something. I don’t care what it costs, as long as it is appropriate for what it is. $1,000 for a marketing Logo? No F-ing way! Anyone spending that kind of coin for this is an idiot.

In my opinion, there are only a handfull of inspectors on this MB that are true Master Inspectors. Guess which ones are not!

What’s up Robert, you carrying a little dirty laundry?

I agree one hundred percent!

To bad. I pushed the topic about getting members more involved and try to make it based like the national.

I just remembered that. WOW. Sorry I am just starting to think clearly again.

I do not agree with your assessment “there are only a handfull of inspectors on this MB that are true Master Inspectors”.
The board has been tainted.
Many members left because of the dam fighting.

The designation or marketing ploy’s true definition fits many degrees of competence. It is “measured in of of time served” and not the amount of knowledge you have obtained.
To bad. I will not promote the designation knowing it has to many short comings.
Vern started something and with Canadian guidance and separation from the US counter part it might have been or could be something.
I see it as advertising or a marking ploy.

Think about it as advertising for revenue and be honest about it values is up to the individual

Please do not put down members that use the logo Jeffrey.
If you do then you have to go put down Joe F and Nick and everyone else.
It not right.
I would still like to see it have more backing.

Gee JJ, it seems that link doesn’t work anymore. Go figure. :roll:

CMI was tainted from the beginning. The 1000 total needed may have meant something if that was the starting point for inspections alone, but adding CEU’s into the mix made it a farce. And what happens if the 1000 inspections were done poorly or with multiple errors? Nobody checks.

The opportunity to be a CMI without ever having inspected a home made it lose any credibility as an actual certification.

The background check, while it may sound good to the public, means nothing when it comes to being able to inspect or not inspect.

You only need look at some of the questions and answers that some CMI’s or “pre-approved” CMI’s write on this message board to determine whether the designation is worth the paper it is printed on.

Yep another case of disappearing threads.

How sad.:frowning:

Interesting Google results.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=http://www.nachi.org/forum/f11/honest-questions-certified-master-inspector-22936/&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#q=http://www.nachi.org/forum/f11/honest-questions-certified-master-inspector-22936/&hl=en&client=opera&hs=3J5&rls=en&channel=suggest&prmd=imvns&psj=1&ei=trvDT4q-D-2MsAKur8zsCQ&start=30&sa=N&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=21f6e51b83c41e9f&biw=1400&bih=765

I was a bad bastard at one time. Love to fight, drink and then, well you know, skirt:-)
I do not hide.
No felon and never did time. Dam I was a roofer. HA HA HA.
I had my name checked out several time in the police station myself.
I was setting charges against my employee.
They thought I was nuts. " We have to hold you sir if your name comes up with something. Do you know what you are asking us?"
Go ahead I told them.
No problems sir. You are in the files but no problems .
I knew I was good to go.
It was 26 plus years ago.
I was thinking of being a certified HI and wanted to know everything.
Shoot over ten years ago now.

I never had them expunged.

I cross the boarder and only get sent back if I say I know Larson or Jonas. HA HA HA

Robert, free tip.

This thread is viewable by the general public.

So to those that can answer 100 percent of the questions on this board please step forward . There is no one in one field that can do that . If you do not want to belong to it dont , it is as simple as turning the TV.
. I seen some questions on here that should be known,simple and seen some that go (wow say really?) How ever i was taught there is no stupid questions . The problem here that some people take great joy jumping on anyone that ask.

But there sure are some stupid answers.

And?

I thank you.

If you read closer I mention I have nothing to hide.
I knew the thread was open.
I wanted to see how many HI’S are open.
As for my past, its the past.

Mike again you feel the need to speak for me.
I can do it alone.
Bless you.

Of course there is it is call discussion How much information comes from this plenty . different views . But always a learning experience. as should every day should be. If you do not learn something new every day then it is wasted day.

[quote=“ryoung7, post:12, topic:69468”]

I was a bad bastard at one time. Love to fight, drink and then, well you know, skirt:-)
I do not hide.
No felon and never did time. Dam I was a roofer. HA HA HA.
I had my name checked out several time in the police station myself.
I was setting charges against my employee.

They thought I was nuts. Now that’s surprising.
/QUOTE]
Thanks for being honest.