CMI's on Agent Office Vendor Lists

There are none. For a reason.

Many KW offices here in KC, and several others, such as KC Regional Homes, require you to pay to be on their “vendor list”, and for “advertising considerations”. This payment frees a home inspector to display flyers in their offices, and offer “other services”.

CMI’s offer the best ethics, the best home inspections, and the utmost in professional home inspection services.

You will not see any CMI’s on these lists, simply because the offices do not want the best inspectors, because of the chance CMI’s will write up more detailed reports, and the buyer’s then will not purchase the homes.

With higher litigation and risk, they should offer only CMI’s on these lists.

They do not. They have it all backwards. Sad for the home buyers.

Non CMI’s offer the same ethics, home inspections and professional services too. A group of purchased initials do not determine one’s business ethics and quality.

A better test is, as you say, just looking to see who does pander to the Realtors. :slight_smile:

Absolutely NO proof that CMI’s do a better job or have higher ethics!! Some of the dumbest questions I have seen on this MB have come from CMI’s…
It’s a designation you can buy…big whoop.

Pandering is a good word.

Inspectors who pay these fees have to make that cost up somehow, in higher prices and short reports; all to appease the agents, and not the home buyers. Some inspectors on these lists even charge cheap prices, for cheap inspections, and cheap results.

I have heard offices complaining about HI call-backs and inspection problems.

Duh.

Can you clear a national criminal back-ground check? Why don’t ASHI inspectors join? HHHMMM…

That statement is false, plain and simple.

We have a NACHI CMI on a vendors list here, he’s been there for years. Are CMI barred from these lists like us lowly regular home inspectors are???

Just had to get a Criminal check again to work in a building with seniors.:shock:
Showed them my credentials but no go even with a NEXUS card with the no smiling mug shot. LOL

Nobody cares Kevin.

I have been thinking about this statement since you posted it and I have to ask…Where in the wide world of sports did you come up with such an outlandish and untrue statement?
Seriously Gary I could have met the requirements my first day at inachi and even before I got my state license. It wouldn’t have made me a master at anything and I would have been no better of an inspector with that designation that without…I would though have been several hundred dollars poorer. Or is this what you are so upset about? You spent the money thinking that it actually meant something only to find out it was a waste of good money right??

Your mileage may very! It has provided for me very well.
It takes more than Nachi to be a CMI.

Appearantly, It also takes gullible Canucks! :shock:

I could certainly proffer a strong argument in support of the contention that CMIs (on average) have more experience and training than your average inspector… but THAT’S NOT THE POINT.

It doesn’t matter what I think, or what you think, or what the man in the moon thinks about the words: “Certified Master Inspector.

It only matters what a consumer thinks about those words during the whopping 7 seconds he/she is on your inspection business website.

I can keep explaining it for ya, but I can’t understand it for ya.

Many of us here*** do*** understand. It’s about deception and dollars, that’s all.

I know how well CMI worked for our Company .
I wonder why some complain so much are they jealous .
Complaining here seems to me to be redundant and only makes the complainers look silly ( the way I see it ) .
I know CMI works and the complainers will never convince me or our customers that we are great.

Some of the same folks who complain that their competitor’s Certified Master Inspector designation works… think nothing of search engine optimizing their websites to give themselves a competitive advantage over their competitors.

SEO is the biggest deception of all time. What does SEO skills have to do with home inspection skills? Yet like CMI… it works.

Make up your mind. Either marketing is evil or it isn’t.

Just wanted to stir the pot, and to see if some real estate agents were actually reading this message board. RE’s will not suggest a CMI due to the facts that I stated.

Being a CMI has hindered me in the eyes of used home commissioned sales people, but a blessing in the eyes of an unsuspecting home buyer.

Getting the word out (marketing) to home buyers is the challenging part, since there are so few out there.

While I do not carry the CMI designation.

You will find my company on some agent and lenders lists for inspectors.

I have booked several inspections because I was located on a list
I have NEVER paid for the placement to be on a list.

John, that is the way it should be. I am on some of those lists also; and that is the agents’ choice for me to be on those lists. Many offices here charge you to be on their list. I refuse to pay for something that is free elsewhere.

It is tough to get the agents to understand what the CMI designation is all about.

You just need to explain to the RE’s what Nick has just explained to you… CMI is a marketing ploy… nothing more… nothing less!