Nova Scotia CMI

I just became the first CMI in Nova Scotia…let the fun begin!

Congrats
Brian will be pleased, I’m sure

Cheers

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here everyday.

Rodney, you are the ONLY CMI in NS.

Good Job Rodney!

Nice web site.

You need to post who you got your Level I certification from.
I assume Flir from your links.

Glad you made it ,Now you will slowy find just how Great it is being a CMI .

Welcome if I can be of any help please let me know All the Best. Roy

CMI%20Inspector%20Seal.jpg

It will be interesting, to say the least!!! In his area, Rodney has a couple unassociated HI’s, 2-3 NACHI brothers (Brothers helping brothers compete against brothers!!!) and a MIKE HOLMES franchise (infrared camera and all!!) to compete with…

Its a small mostly rural area of the province and we all know how the public likes Mike…Why do you think he’s making millions???

Will definitely be interesting!!!

Don’t know if Rodney knew Mike Holmes organization was in his backyard!!
** http://mikeholmesinspections.com/_images/large/0622140431MHI_NS_ServiceArea.jpg**

http://mikeholmesinspections.com/service-areas/#nova-scotia

Essential Package +]

The Essential Inspection includes a thorough visual investigation of the home’s readily accessible features, major systems and their components such as: structure, foundation, roof, interior, exterior, heating and ventilation system, electrical, plumbing and more.

PRICING:
****Homes Constructed 1955 & Later ****

SQ FTPriceHigh-rise condominium unit1,000$395Single-family home2,500$595Additional square footage
*(per 1,000 sq ft. or portion thereof)*1,000$100Homes Constructed 1954 & Earlier

SQ FTPRICEHigh-rise condominium unit1,000$495Single-family home2,500$715Additional square footage
*(per 1,000 sq ft. or portion thereof)*1,000$125

Extended Package +]

The Extended Home Inspection includes the Essential, in addition, with our Extended Home Inspection Service, our inspector will use infrared, thermal imaging equipment to enhance your home inspection.

Thermal imaging reveals surface temperature variations of the building, which can be interpreted by our inspectors to identify problems in structure, moisture content and air leakage. It can also be used to find hidden heating and cooling losses, moisture intrusion, inadequate or non-existent insulation, plumbing leaks and poor construction. Early correction of these conditions can prevent more extensive damage in the future. Our inspector will conduct a thorough infrared thermographic scan of the home, including each room within the living area, and the building envelope.
**PRICING:
**Homes Constructed 1955 & Later

SQ FTPriceHigh-rise condominium unit1,000$695Single-family home2,500$925Additional square footage
*(per 1,000 sq ft. or portion thereof)*1,000$175Homes Constructed 1954 & Earlier

SQ FTPriceHigh-rise condominium unit1,000$905Single-family home2,500$1,199Additional square footage
*(per 1,000 sq ft. or portion thereof)*1,000$225

I’m not the least bit worried about Mike Holmes Inspections. I have an infrared camera too, and once they meet me they will forget all about Mike Holmes!! lol

Love it positve thinking and great personatly will win .
Good for you … Roy

Heres your Mike Holmes:)
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/blog/2010/01/mike-holmes-on-home-inspections.html

Congratulations Rodney, glad you got the CMI. Hope it helps you out.
:):smiley:

Sorry Rodney, I forgot to gives you the thumbs up.

Congratulations.

Congratulations Rodney!

The two year program, approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, was developed in partnership with the “Holmes Group” and other “advisory groups” and is endorsed by “Mike Holmes.”
Ontario will have to answer to allot of CMI’s since they did not even consult the CMI in the town they decided to allow Mike Holmes to drop the hammer.:shock:
I am still waiting for an apology from them.

Thanks Kevin for the INFO.
Others have posted who where asked to work for Mike Homes seem to think it was not worth the effort .
Some have posted this info on the NACHI site ,It might be in the closed section .

Thanks guys, so far CMI is working…