Ontario Certified Master Inspectors

Hello all 32 CMI’s in Ontario.
The fight is on against proper Licensing of Inspectors.
All those that are ready get in touch with Roy Cooke.
We would like to start a Chapter just like Alberta.
Please respond to e-mails and contacts.:smiley:

If you are forming a group of CMIs in ON… count me in.

Hello Nick:

When did you move to Ontario?:smiley:

Hummmmm

Lots of response so far?:eek:

Roy sent me a mesage a few days ago… I responded…
nothing since.:roll:

Don’t really feel like wasting time on something nobody cares about

Cheers

Looks like many others are like you and they too feel it is a waste of time .
Seems sad to me to see this attitude .

Roy

Ontario has always been slow to respond for as long as I have been on the earth. 45 Years and still see them 10 years behind. They are followers not leaders. This needs to change in HI for anything to be recognized here.:smiley: Example first was USGBC then CAGBC next the ontario government will come up with OGBC Ontario green building council which will copy the Canadian Green Building Council and call it there own.
US is Canada’s big brother setting the example first.
Canada is the brother that follows and Ontario is just that little nosy kid that wants to get into the action and make money off anything US comes up with.:frowning:

Roy
I am operating a business… not a charity or a social club…it could be that many others feel the same.

My business is as successful as I want it to be. I have family and other interests that pretty much fill my life.

I have taken steps to put my self in a place that, if licencing ever happens in Ontario, I will meet the requirements, what ever they might eventually be.

Others might consider taking the necessary steps as well.

I have been around for only 6 years but the many wild and wonderful promises we hear about never seem to happen.

I would be willing to alter my position if something viable and concrete were to come over the horizon.:neutral:

Cheers

cheers

I think we all understand that time is presious Mr. Cossar.
Not all can commit to the time it takes to interrupt licensing and regulations.
CMI has worked well in Alberta to set an equal playing field for the industry Mr. Corssar.
I am happy to see you open to " alter my position if something viable and concrete were to come over the horizon."
It is wrong to think that you can adjust to a bias, lobbied regulation or licensing.
If it affects the industry in a negative way. It effects us all.

The attitudes Vern Mitchinson was up against by the association of associations, the government knowing little but willing to learn, is the perfect example.
Voices united can effect change sir.
The CMHC has learned that the association of associations has a questionable tract record and that others associations education, certifications and accreditation have merit, substance and have the right to be heard.
And rightfully so.
Without members investing, speaking out, committing to embitterment of the industry ( OUR CANADIAN INDUSTRY ) you become the follower of what?
We all can contribute in our own way.
Even if it is just 1 hour a week.
Count me in. I will be going after my CMI shortly.
When I can afford it.
Good for you Kevin.
I have ideas we can share cross boarder.:stuck_out_tongue:
Inter provincially.

Gentlemen. Unfortunately a number of CMI’s in Alberta are not members of the Alberta association. These people are free loaders and are not living up to the COE to mentor and assist new members to become HI’s. Many CMI’s are members and I applaud them. They and all the members of the Alberta association are who made it possible for all InterNACHI members and all CMI’s to get a licence and continue to earn a living in the career of their choice. If it was not for the hard work of the Alberta Association members you would all be out of business and out of work unless you got the blessing of that other association.

Vern I applaud your work and dedication for Alberta’s home inspection community.
Mentoring and social service is what professionals do without second thought. I hope those CMI’s pick up the slack.
My hat is off to all Alberta’s INACHI members that enlightened the government and home inspection industry.
They made it possible to continue working as a free agent.
Bravo.

Would love some form of mentoring around here, I’m all for a Chapter.

No one helping you yet Kathleen?

Someone should get in touch with key players in Barrie Ontario. There is a lot of InterNachi inspectors to start a Chapter and the location is good for most.
Kathleen I feel for you there seems to be no support from Richmond Hill for InterNachi this will make it very tough for you.
There is one Certified Master Inspector.
Yuri Olhovsky, CMI
Home Inspections 4U
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
(416) 909-6467
yolhovsky@yahoo.ca
www.homeinspections4u.biz

Kevin I believe protocol in the case of mentoring at least from shadowing dictates that I work outside of my area, which would be Barrie area probably or a little closer maybe, which I am fine with. As long as it’s against the flow of rush hour traffic on the 400 I am good, LOL, don’t want to sit on the carpark for two hours.

Well there is a lot of individuals to pick from Barrie. I hope we have the Ontario chapter their because of location.

???
oh never mind

I see your disgruntled with my posting.
Why even bother sir…

Good question :frowning:

To all CMI’s of Ontario

Ontario has always been slow to respond for as long as I have been on the earth. 47 Years and still see them 10 years behind. They are followers not leaders. This needs to change in HI for anything to be recognized here.:grin: Example first was USGBC then CAGBC next the Ontario government will come up with OGBC Ontario green building council which will copy the Canadian Green Building Council and call it there own.
US is Canada’s big brother setting the example first.
Canada is the brother that follows and Ontario is just that little nosy kid that wants to get into the action and make money off anything US comes up with.
Ontario has taken a stride ahead now with the new Ontario Building Code and the first transparent Professional Association of home inspectors. If you have not signed up to OntarioAchi please check the site and see. We will be the most respected association because of our numbers and with a very respected committee we will stay this way.