Always experimenting with the camera

I’m working with the video capabilities.https://youtu.be/zoD_awczpao

I really like it.
Keep experimenting. not so sure about the music ]

my music catalog is limited.

That looks like a decent frame rate on that video, definitely not a 9Hz imager. Do you know the frame rate? What imager is that? Was that direct to memory? Is your imager capable of producing fully radiometric video?

If FLIR didn’t insist on pasting their obnoxious watermark in every video and image you produce and enabled you to turn off the scale display, you could use the video capability to produce user navigable infrared renderings of 3D objects.

There are practical applications for infrared video that go beyond watching water go down a shower drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84dKqZAgrKI

and then there’s fun stuff like making the dogs chase the red laser in the dark

[quote=“cevans, post:4, topic:103371”]

That looks like a decent frame rate on that video, definitely not a 9Hz imager. Do you know the frame rate? What imager is that? Was that direct to memory? Is your imager capable of producing fully radiometric video?

If FLIR didn’t insist on pasting their obnoxious watermark in every video and image you produce and enabled you to turn off the scale display, you could use the video capability to produce user navigable infrared renderings of 3D objects.

There are practical applications for infrared video that go beyond watching water go down a shower drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84dKqZAgrKI

and then there’s fun stuff like making the dogs chase the red laser in the dark

[/QUOTE]

The camera is a Flir E60bx. The frame rate is 60 Hz. It was recorded to the SD card in the camera.
I looked at your videos. Very nice. Do you use the Flir Tools to make the video?

I knew that was done with a good quality imager. It has greater processor capability that the older ones.

My videos were taken through the video output port to a digital video recorder because my current imager only captures onboard video at 1/2 frame rate which leaves it jerky. The saw video was taken using an old 320EX which has no onboard video capability. The video output port is full frame rate on both so it produces smooth video. No to the FLIR Tools question.

If you connect your E60bx to a laptop running FLIR Tools, and then you switch the capture to “Signal” mode from “Video” (in Signal mode it reads out the raw radiometric data instead of just capturing the camera’s screen as it does in Video mode), you can record fully radiometric data onto the laptop’s hard drive.

From here you can do analysis and generate graphs etc. as shown;

http://puu.sh/mKYjI/58e25320da.jpg

But, more importantly, you can export the video from FLIR Tools with almost no overlay (except for a FLIR Logo) the temperature scale, spot meters and the red flashing record dot can all be turned off.

Alternatively you can just screen capture FLIR Tools in order to record the image without the FLIR logo

Personally I think it’s ludicrous that when one pays thousands of dollars for a Thermal camera, every image they take becomes free advertising for FLIR (unless you put in a fair bit of effort to remove the logo)

Imagine if Canon released a $3000 camera that overlayed every image it took with a Canon logo…

Thanks Edward. That’s nice to know.

OK, maybe I’m not getting it, but other than it makes pretty colors, what’s the point of a thermal camera on a shower?

That is cool video.

He’s just experimenting. He’ll come up with practical applications soon. Frank is an innovator. Gotta give him his head.

The point is the video. I’ll be pointing this camera at everything.

The point is exploring the capabilities of your equipment. I discovered that my dog had a huge tumor on her shoulder that was restricting the blood flow to her leg. And that’s why she was limping. The veterinarian said it was arthritis and gave her Rymadyl.

Just like a 5 yr old playing with a rope day in and day out till one day he is at the national finals rodeo and becomes champion.

I do the same Frank, I play with the span and level, and all the other controls, I put them on the software to see how it changes things up. Experimenting is a good thing.

Keep it up you’re doing good. :smiley:

I have a job taking IR video of an entire TVA power plant to TVA Specs.

It must be in video format or no job.

Keep playing with that camera. You never know when someone will ask you to do something no one else can do…

What camera will you be using for that project?

T 660

Oooh…nice.

I got to play with one for an afternoon once, those are NICE cameras.

Very nice indeed.