Interesting Article

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4075

Kevin

In our Building Science IR Cert. class we were told a story of a case being thrown out because the cops claimed to “see illegal activities through windows”. Experts refuted that claim noting that windows reflect IR.

I see through windows all the time. No camera required :slight_smile:

I wondered who’s foot prints I saw in the snow out side my home last night . Thanks for the info…Cookie
</IMG>

Roy, I didn’t say what I saw was pretty. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Kevin,

IMO Any all tools that can help the authorities with pot growing scum should be welcomed by all. Your constitution should be revised!! :cool:

I have no opinion, just thought it was an interesting article.

Kevin

And where do we draw the line .
Sorry but I thing that every one should follow the laws.
I do not want the police to be above the law.
If the law is wrong then get it changed .
We have to often seen what happens when police think they can do as they wish.

…Cookie
</IMG>

Nobody wants to live in a police state Roy, but these are criminals we are talking about!!

And what do call police who do as they please .
The law should be followed by all.
…Cookie

Roy, I’m sorry but you have me pissing my pants with laughter!! No disrespect intended, you know I love you like a brother, but think about what your saying!!

Hint; Do criminals play by the rules?

Roy,

I know you are a Law abiding citizen and I respect your views, however what these “Criminals” are doing affects all of us in many different ways. I have inspected three homes that were former grow houses (one just last week) , yes they were on the market with no remediation. My clients walked,but you can be sure that some unsuspecting buyer will think it’s a steel and buy it.

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/resources/publications/pdf/marihuana_operations.pdf

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/drugsquad/growhousepamphlet.pdf

Mario:

The fact that we have the police following the laws set by Parliament and responsible to and under control by them and not some wayward armed forces general is why we don’t call Canada a POLICE STATE. There are a few statements from history:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn’t a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

and

Plato argued in The Republic: “Those who want power are precisely the ones who should not have it.” The desire for power is considered by many to be a negative character trait or a flaw!! How many dictatorships work well or at all?

We need to keep things on an even keel with the police, armed forces and paramilitary organizations. In the US, the liberal gun laws* and the right to bear arms* give the citizens the ability to defend themselves against any insurrections from without or within. They know that power corrupts!

• Too bad the guns get used for so many other reasons!!!

Brian,

Are you giving me a lesson here because I’m not getting it! People that take your position are usually among the first to criticize the Police for not doing enough to combat crime!!
We are talking about a simple IR scan here. BTW It"s probably done here more times than you know!!

This was a good choice made by the courts. IR detects heat not marijauna.

Now my plants (California Skunk) will be safe from helicopter viewing…Thank GOD.

In reality, If the law enforcement officials are concerned with grow labs, the Electric companies should be monitoring homeowner usage. If an electric bill is exorbitant, they can then do an electrical inspection. If marijuana is viewed, that’s grounds for a search warrant.

Simple as that.

Don’t forget about the IRS!!!

Years ago I got behind with them because of my business and they sent agents to my house when no one was home.

They actually looked in my windows a took a inventory of everything they could see, TVs, furniture ETC. They even told me to sell all my belongings to pay my taxes.

Of course anyone who knows me will know what my response was!!!

GFY!!!

Fly by with the camera.

Then Walk by with the dog!

Peter,

The Property Tax Man doesnt come by my house any more!

My neighbor was out of town and two tax guys showed up at my neighbors house. Looking over the pool fence they found my shotgun up their @ss!

The next year the neighbor got a high tax bill for new concrete work. When he called in on it, he was informed that the measurements were taken “from the street”!

And to think my insurance company tried to drop me for being too far off the road (for security reasons)!