E-series circuit board recall ?

FLIR B2 CAMERA.

This is from an add off ebay Item number: 170331501239
If you have a B-2 Camera or a E-series camera you may want to check with flir.

from ebay add.
(Before listing this camera for sale, I sent it to FLIR last month to inspect and calibrate it as well as perform the general maintenance I described earlier which costs $995. At that time, they upgrared the firmware, software, and replaced a circuit board which was under factory recall. I noticed the images are even more detailed and the functions are more responsive like adding more RAM to a computer.)

I have contacted flir and they only say they don’t no whats going on and they checking into it.

My quiestion is why did they replaced his circuit board free ?

Please note: I only use FLIR cameras. Just asking a question…

Best

Ron

Wow… your post is already showing up on google.

Just got off the phone with Pat from FLIR He has check in on this issue and indicated they have no Recall on there boards for the E-series Camers.OR B2 only that the new board do have more RAM Then some of the older boards.

Best

Ron

Hello, I was the person who posted the FLIR B2 camera on ebay and used the word “recall”. Boy, I regret doing this, I have received numerous emails, calls, and ebay messages. It wasn’t a recall and I wasn’t notified by FLIR. I used the word recall in the listing to simplify the explanation of how FLIR resolved the problem. Since they didn’t charge me for the new board, only gen maintenance, I would think there is some recall or service bulletin. FLIR can’t and won’t diagnose a camera without warranty until you agree to their minimum service charge of $500. Since I knew I was going to be selling it, I wanted to get it checked out b/c I experienced a an intermittent slowdown and freezing up while saving images. I called FLIR about it and they had me send it in after I agreed to the minimum diagnostic charge of $500. They told me there was a conflict between the detector and firmware and the old circuit board which was slowing it down. They replaced it w/ what they called an Indi board and upgraded the firmware. I’m under the impression that I am not the only person with this problem sine they seemed to handle it like a recall. My feeling is unless you are having problems with yours, leave well enough alone until you need to send it in for calibration or you may end up spending a lot more than you anticipate. I also had a great history w/ FLIR, so that may have been the reason for extending me the service. I don’t know. But I repeat, it wasn’t a recall and I wasn’t notified by FLIR. I used the word recall in the listing to simplify the explanation of how FLIR resolved the problem.