Good Info... Tip of the Week

Good stuff.

http://www.irinfo.org/tip_of_week_2002.html

Hey John,

I have been reading through all of the tip of the week archives. There are many great tips and good articles for numerous IR application on that site.

I just bought Kevin Richardson’s B-Cam SD…should be getting it today.

Thanks for your thermal imaging MB contributions. I have learned some good stuff from your post. I cant wait to get a good thermal imaging program up and running.

1 Like

Thanks John!

I like

The pointer on the BCAM is always handy. Never thought of that.

I use my laser pointer on app. every other picture and since I take many duplicates I have the freedom of choosing one with or without.

I also leave the temp. scale and add a description so my client has a good reference point, not to mention I always show them the camera in use and describe what we are looking at.

Sorry I haven’t posted pictures of the heat loss survey, things have been hectic and that’s another thread. I do have a warehouse/offices to do a heat loss survey on Tuesday. Hopefully things will slow down some and I can post more here.

By the way, I am charging $100.00 per hour for my service on commercial buildings including the report writing time and I am grateful for the work but in the back of my mind I’m thinking I’m worth more, it’s a tough market, what do you guys think?

1 Like

Congrats and way to go dude!!!

Let me know if I can help.

Peter

Charge more. I am just starting and was talking to some business people about thermal imaging and they want to know what I charge. I told them $98.00 hr. They told me to charge more because I am doing something that most people can’t do. I will let you know later how well received the price is. I am thinking about $139.00.

Good post John

Thanks
Lawrence Olsen
Universal Inspections
www.universalinspections.ca

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking $125.00 so keep in touch and we can help each other out. This is a new field but from what I’m hearing, people want to know where they are loosing heat. The inspection I did last week, the building owner is paying app. $1200.00 per month in oil. When I did the inspection I found the attic temp. to be 50, this on a day when it was 28f outside and 62f in the apartment.

Peter

A day in the trenches.

I visited about 6 company’s today and telling them the hourly rate of $129.00 and they seemed ok with it.

UP YOUR PRICE

Lawrence