Home Energy Score Incentives

Anyone that is doing Department of Energy Home Energy Scores: Do you have any feedback from clients that were able to get financing incentives from lenders or state financial incentives?

I have a client that is going to try to get the state offered incentive here in Colorado.

Parker, Colorado Home Inspector

Parker, Colorado Department of Energy Home Energy Score Assessor

I’m still waiting on the mentor thing. Going to call Joe at InterNACHI tomorrow. Been too busy inspecting this week. I got a letter that said I could pay somebody $375/yr to put my reports on their website, and they would be the mentor… um, NO. I’ll see if I can get the mentor thing taken care of, but I have talked to the bankers in Trinidad, and they seem pretty interested. There’s a pretty good write up about it here: https://betterbuildingssolutioncenter.energy.gov/home-energy-score/get-a-score-homebuyer

I know that they are having some HES training up at headquarters. Maybe you can get on the tail end of it to get the mentorship. If that is part of it.

Good Luck! I barely met my 6 month cut off for performing a HES.

You can now do your mentoring online through InspectionDepot as well. A few other companies including InterNACHI are also working on a similar program.