Home Star and Cash for Caulkers

BPI has been included in the new Home Star Program.

http://www.bpi.org/documents/BPI_included_in_cash_for_caulkers.htm

If you are interested in getting into the Home Energy Performance business, now is the time to get certification.

Kevin

HERS Raters as well?

Yeah, this is going to be very interesting.

And profitable

Agreed. Anyone seen exactly what needs to be done though? I was talking to a few guys today and there seems to be a lot of confusion as to how detailed the information needs to be.

Dom, as far as reporting goes I think many state agencies use TREAT software. I also think Homegauge is coming up with auditing software, I signed up to test it but haven’t heard anything yet.

BPI is requiring all software be approved by the DOE if you wan’t to follow their guidelines. TREAT is approved (they were funded by the state to start with). HG isn’t yet, and the report we’re working on isn’t either. It doesn’t look like it’ll be easy to get approved either, but we’ll see. But, this new plan hasn’t said you have to be following BPI rules so it could be any energy auditing template will do. I know the government had been working on some criteria before this with simple questions that didn’t require special equipment like a blower door. I’ll guess we’ll have to wait and see what their final bill says.