Infrared Marketing Webinar with the House Detective

**Join us for a Webinar on March 6
Only $99.00!

[http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/webinar/themes/sales/button_registerNow.gif](https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/110799047)

http://www1.gotomeeting.com/g2w/images/110799047/54446014581673166/embed.jpg

EARN 2 CEU’S FOR ASHI, InterNACHI, CREIA

SPECIAL PRICE:  ONLY $99.00 (LIMITED TIME OFFER) 

Home Inspection Infrared Webinar  Presented by, Steve Ramos,     HGTV’s The House Detective 

Learn the secrets to infrared success from Steve Ramos , Certified Home Inspector     for Envirovue Home Inspection based in Petaluma, Ca. and nationally     recognized expert & spokesperson for HGTV’s “The House Detective”, the     value of infrared inspection. 

Featured Topics: 

* Diversify for Maximum Profitability 
    * Using Technology to reduce liability 
    * Writing Up the Exceptions 
    * Real Case Studies Presented 
    * Pricing Your Services for Profit 
    * 3 Keys to Marketing Success 

APPROVED FOR 2 CEU (ASHI, InterNACHI, CREIA)
                                                    **Title: ***Making Money with Infrared*
                                                              **Date:  **Thursday, March 6, 2008
                                                              **Time:  **3:30 PM - 6:30 PM PST

**System Requirements**
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
                                Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.3.9 (Panther®) or newer

**Space is limited.**
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
[https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/110799047](https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/110799047)

Do it guys… register!

Steven is host of HGTV’s House Detective, an InterNACHI member, and knows what links are important: http://www.irinspector.com/links.htm :smiley:

Steve is there a chance that this will be sold on a CD in the future?
This is something I am interested in, problem is, with the time this is scheduled, myself, and I’m sure hundreds of other ASHI inspectors that may also be interested are still out doing inspections…

At a $150 a pop I am sure they have to stay busy.:smiley: Could not resist the door was open

Is there a way to pay for the webinar presentation and watch it at another time? Perhaps it could be played at several different times that day.

:lol: :mrgreen: :-;;

Ahh, come on guys, I asked a serious question, and just doing my part to make sure this gets a lot of views.:slight_smile:
Steves a good guy, lets not mess up his post.:wink:
Besides that, nickeys vender, that selling nacho binders, even stated that nacho inspectors are the one’s doing inspections that equal 150.00 per.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes- at some point I will have a DVD produced. I do not have a product delivery date but discussions have begun.

At this point there is no way to pay for the presentation and watch it later - I am open to that for obvious reasons but I have not found a solid solution - any ideas?

Centra Meeting Systems

http://www.saba.com/products/centra/

Password protected for both live and recorded sessions

Thanks William - I will look into it.

This was a question I received today:
I am going to play the Devil’s Advocate. Home inspections have always been limited visual inspections. I have toyed with the idea of infared, however the more I think of it, the less likely I am to pursue it. I am safe commenting on what I can see. I disclaim what I can not see. I seldom go wrong with this approach. However, the infared camera is an expensive toy that so many of us home inspectors must have. It gives one the ability to have “Superman - Like” powers and see inside walls. However, given a device with so much power could be dangerous in the hands of the unskilled. I do not believe that a few classes will make one an expert with such a sophisticated device. Just be prepared to pay out the a* if you make a wrong call with an infared camera. *

• No harm intended - just my two cents worth.
    *Here was my response:
  • There are varying opinions and yours is just as valid as any. A couple of things to consider. You client is not going to care about your service agreement language if they are sitting on a major repair that is discovered after the close escrow nor is their attorney. Your best defense is to find as many problems as you can and disclose them accurately.

Expensive is a relative term. If you gave me $5000 and I gave you back $10,000 at the end of the year would you consider the $5k you gave me “expensive”.

Training - if you sit in on my webinar you will understand that I agree with your comment that a few classes don’t make you qualified. I do tell attendees how long it took me to get competent and how to reduce their outlay of cash during those start up months to make the money work.

Momentum - there is tremendous momentum in the industry for this technology and those who get on the train early are gaining market share and diversifying their businesses to insulate themselves from the real estate business cycle.

that’s my nickel*

Steve, good points and I would like to add the following.

Anyone who is just a home inspector is loosing out on a lot of business. If you want to survive these tough times you need to diversify and to do that you should be expanding into commercial inspections, infrared/thermal imaging inspections and that does not apply to just home inspections.

Marketing for thermal inspections includes, heat loss surveys, water intrusion surveys, before and after surveys of insulation inspections, restoration work and my favorite, building forensics. Since buying my camera last year it has opened up some many opportunities and it keeps growing…

Thanks for the push Peter I signed up…Cookie

I’m looking at the Flir Bcam-SD vs the Fluke TiR ot Ti10 (within $100 of each other). Never seen then head to head. Has anybody else??

I like Flukes picture in a picture. I like Flir’s temp alarm and longer battery life.

Any thoughts.

I have to share with you the observations I made attending the class in NY. The information shared by Steve Ramos was very helpful. I came away refocusing my services, and getting together an IR preinspection agreement.

As for others, there was many inspectors murmuring, they saw IR services as an intrusion on their ability to gain additional work. The discussions were like either we all us IR in our home inspections, or they won’t.

Quote: What real estate agent will recommend you to their client once they find out you have an IR camera? They will pass you over for one without a camera. The inspector’s comments were followed by a bunch of bobble heads bouncing.

So my observations made me conclude this, if you want the advice of someone who is in the position you want to be in, making additional money offing IR services, then it appears Steve Ramos is the bomb. However, if you depend on marketing to real estate agents only, then maybe you might want to focus your services on selling houses, not working for your client.

imho,

tom (what seemed like the only other iNACHI member at the NY session, other than Steve Ramos).

**Last call for the March 6th Webinar!
Only $99.00

Comments from attendees:**

I have to share with you the observations I made attending the class in NY. The information shared by Steve Ramos was very helpful. I came away refocusing my services, and getting together an IR preinspection agreement….So my observations made me conclude this, if you want the advice of someone who is in the position you want to be in, making additional money offing IR services, then it appears Steve Ramos is the bomb. However, if you depend on marketing to real estate agents only, then maybe you might want to focus your services on selling houses, not working for your client.

*“I saw Steve speak last week at the WAHI fall conference in La Crosse, WI last Saturday. He did a fine job and is worth the listen. IMHO He discussed several pricing strategies for being successful with TI. He also shared a case where the use of the TI saved him from a potential liability claim against him.”

“I made it to the Dec 5th lecture. I have to say it was well worth the hours of driving I had to do. I got valuable information, and got to shake Steve Ramos’ hand. Told him my 5 year old son loves when he points out dead things found in crawl spaces. I recommend this to other IR newbies”*