Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Thermal Imaging, Infrared Cameras & Energy Audits Contains discussions about thermal imaging, infrared cameras, energy audits, and more.

Old 1/14/13, 12:07 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to jkaylor
Default Re: IR Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung7 View Post
PS: As for your Delta T. You can get good Delta T through manipulation of the atmosphere.
Okay you got me. I lack omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.

If John can teach that in his course, SIGN ME UP!

You are talking about manipulating the temp. The images I displayed are based on pressure not temp.

I am not sure how you are going to properly manipulate the pressure in the structure without a blower door. We do several things when setting up this test. We calculate the stack effect, neutral pressure plane/wind and the buildings natural pressure. I am not sure how you are going to do that with the HVAC unit and or misc. exhaust fans.

Last edited by jkaylor; 1/14/13 at 7:44 PM..
Need a home inspection in South Dakota? Check out InterNACHI's listing of South Dakota certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/14/13, 2:53 PM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldapkus1 View Post
Veo, from the responses that have been posted, you should be able to understand which ones are posted by professionals and which are amateurs.
Well Veo, what do you think?
Old 1/14/13, 3:19 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
I can't speak for Veo.

But I think it's clear to see that John has successfully gotten Robert to the point of being unconsciously incompetent (the first stage of the competency model), although I can't understand why you would intentionally pay someone for that. Whether he will ascend to other levels of competence depends on him and his desire and ability to learn.

Chuck Evans (TREC #7657)
Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer (#8402)
HomeCert Houston Home Inspections & Thermal Inspections Find us on Facebook
Houston Thermal Inspections & Infrared Imaging Find us on Facebook
TheWoodlandsHomeInspection.com

Houston, TX

SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.
Old 1/14/13, 6:35 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
Because John, himself has never bothered to work past the point of being unconsciously incompetent

John took a basic course provided by one of the recognized thermography education providers, many years ago. It was a skinnied down version of the Level-I course. He has ever since been conspicuously absent from from any subsequent training courses, conferences or even technical discussions. As far as is known to anyone here, the only certification that he possesses is the one that he bestowed upon himself (He has never dispelled this).

Imagine someone who took an intro to home inspecting course years ago, then suddenly started "teaching" home inspection and offering certifications for payment but in the ensuing years has completed zero continuing education to advance or even maintain his training. Gave himself his own certification designation to substitute for the industry recognized certifications that he never attained. Continued to provide "training" to unsuspecting people who wanted into the field while offering no meaning advice on technical topics in the public forums that he frequents with his non-topical and self-promoting posts. Imagine someone who had the audacity to do that. How would professional Home Inspectors regard such a person?
Please tell me what I am doing wrong as infrared home inspector? Be specific. Since I have never had one complaint, I doubt you have anything to say, other than to keep claiming you can pee higher than me.

Thermal Imaging Video For Inspectors

John McKenna, CMI,
Building Science & Certified Level II Thermographer
InterNACHI's Thermal Imaging Instructor
Master Inspector Certification Board

Infrared Class - For Home Inspector

Old 1/14/13, 8:23 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaylor View Post

You are talking about manipulating the temp. The images I displayed are based on pressure not temp.

I am not sure how you are going to properly manipulate the pressure in the structure without a blower door. We do several things when setting up this test. We calculate the stack effect, neutral pressure plane/wind and the buildings natural pressure. I am not sure how you are going to do that with the HVAC unit and or misc. exhaust fans.

Jason;
Sorry I missed you last week. I was in AZ and stopped by to see you. You were just leaving I guess as I pulled in..... On a Harley of course!!!

Sorry for the thread drift.

Russell Inspection Services LLC
New Hampshire state license # 57
New Hampshire septic evaluator # 18
Level II Thermographer, ITC
Building Science Thermographer, ITC
Commercial Inspector, ITA

www.newenglandthermalimaging.com
www.russellinspectionservices.com
www.nhsepticinspection.com
www.nh-commercial-building-inspector.com

Serving Alton, Alton Bay, Wolfeboro, Laconia, Gilmanton, Gilford, Meredith, Center Harbor and the entire Lakes Region
Old 1/14/13, 10:21 PM

Location: Ville de Montréal - Borough Côte-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grâce

Quote:

Sorry jkaylor.
My voice recognition software went screwy along with my PC.
I would have been here to correct this long ago.
I will delete the post and continue later.

Robert Young's
Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Our Motto: Putting information where you need it most, "In Your Hands."
https://montreal-home-inspection services.com
https://home-inspectionservices.com
Old 1/14/13, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
I can't speak for Veo.

But I think it's clear to see that John has successfully gotten Robert to the point of being unconsciously incompetent (the first stage of the competency model), although I can't understand why you would intentionally pay someone for that. Whether he will ascend to other levels of competence depends on him and his desire and ability to learn.
Please do not talk for me Mr. Evans.
If you start from the being of my commenting on the (IR) class I mentioned I would take the course and review it.
I have. I see nothing wrong.
Even when I step up to level one which I openly admit I have not done yet and do see some training differences I will not say anything.
What I will do IF I can is to help correct any anomalies if that would help inspector get beneficial education.
Thank you Chuck.

What I would like to see though is some decorum or latitude towards INACHI members. The insults are not needed.

I care not for bravado.

Robert Young's
Old 1/14/13, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Linas. it is a sad state when your ilk and disdain are allowed to continue.
I bet you suffer in your own way so I am satisfied that natural checks and balances are still left up to our Fathers device
All the best.

Robert Young's
Old 1/15/13, 12:21 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Those who use the forum to make themselves feel better about their insecurities think no one can see them. How funny. I feel no need to attack this little group that attacks me because defeating them on the forum does nothing for my self worth. They, on the other hand, are not at peace with themselves.

Thermal Imaging Video For Inspectors

John McKenna, CMI,
Building Science & Certified Level II Thermographer
InterNACHI's Thermal Imaging Instructor
Master Inspector Certification Board

Infrared Class - For Home Inspector

Old 1/15/13, 12:51 AM

Quote:

I am not doing, nor intend at the moment, to do energy audits. Nor do I have any intention on using blowers on doors or any other enter points.

jkaylor, I have read what looks like it might be that blowers and the negative pressure effects related to their use may be causing health related effects from the interior envelope. Remember the envelope, depending open style, single or double acts like a filter trapping unknown untested particulate. During an energy audit that particulate maybe released into the interior atmosphere causing health related issues.
Does Mold ring a bell?
That may lead into a litigation model IMO and others as well.

That being said: If, and I say if, enough cases prove to have enough factum (proven to correspond to experience), behind them drawing on clients and residential model evidence IE: , we all know where that can go.
The lawyers wil have a field day on home inspectors policy's.

As for (Delta-T) To achieve an ten to fifteen degrees Fahrenheit is not an issue in Quebec. At any time of the year. Nor can I see it being an issue if you can navigate under the right circumstances in a controlled environment.

Delta T: Exterior and unconditioned spaces; Certain times of the year may prove to be more beneficial then others BUT there are 24 hours in a day remember. The hours of sun up and sun set, be it shortly before or after or anything in-between, are the best chances one has on optimising a good Delta T image.

Is that OK Chuck?

A standard of 120x120 is set. If the environmental's are there then an image can lead to hypotheses being drawn if the individual has been trained properly.

I am using my 120x160 camera to define my hypotheses. I also including other measuring equipment for a study when I work. Areas or insignificance are tested within the perimeter of ANY defect IF it is achievable. I try to rule out error as best as I can with the time I allot myself. Everything is SUSPECT condition!!!!!!

Last point. Having never taken the class How can you be so judgemental?

All the best.

Robert Young's

Last edited by ryoung7; 1/15/13 at 12:55 AM..
Old 1/15/13, 7:14 AM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Linas. it is a sad state when your ilk and disdain are allowed to continue.
I bet you suffer in your own way so I am satisfied that natural checks and balances are still left up to our Fathers device
All the best.
Did I say something wrong Robert? Did you run out of meds?
Old 1/15/13, 9:01 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
If I had to take med or be handicapped with your disdain and ATTITUDE I pick the meds each and every time.

So that open source pustular verbiage that erupts from your keystrokes is what is locked in your mind, then I truly regret what you must think at times. See I think fowl thinking equates to perverts in corners awaiting little boys or girls when I hear filth like yours, SAVVY.

Does not go over big with me.

So mad....No, just sad for others that read it, and for for children in your area mate!!!!!!!! SAVVY!!!!!
Were you abused as a child? That may explain your odd behavior.
Old 1/15/13, 9:18 AM

Linas there is no need for perverse verbiage.
Yes, it does not go over big with me. I envision a sick thinking individual. PS: I wonder what others think?
So mad....No, just sad for the many that are stuck reading it.
All the best.

PS: Your FDA calls allot of things medication or drugs Linas.

Robert Young's
Need a home inspection in South Dakota? Check out InterNACHI's listing of South Dakota certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/15/13, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Were you abused as a child? That may explain your odd behavior.
Actually, yes. He talked like you.
Funny to you. To me, it would be a sad day for you mate!!!!

Robert Young's
Old 1/15/13, 12:38 PM

Now to be reflective of my actions Linas, excuse my deeply embedded Knee-jerk reaction.

I do not know you personally nor am trying to make you look like someone or something you are not.

You are a very intelligent man and I can attest to that having seen your many posts that only deepen my respect for you.

To anyone reading this post, I suspect several are, please treat your colleges and fellow INACHI members with respect.

NOTE:A individuals traumatic experience, like being fondled by an adult, is no laughing matter. It can effect ones sexual orientation and confuse the innocence or adolescents of that man or women for life!
Its is a shame such confusion exists in the world. So perverse narratives have no place anywhere. PERIOD!

That being said.
I was lucky and with luck comes my refection.
I despise perverse verbiage. If you wish to attract attention to a subject, use your capabilities drawing from intellect and form a proper debate.

I ask you as a man that has been insulted and violated as a child to please stop that fowl language. No need for it.
If you wish to deflate me in your eyes about any subject matter being discussed by me, I give you permission as I did before, to make fun of my grammar. We can leave the disdain where it belongs.
Thank you.
All the best as always.

Robert Young's