John McKenna introduces radiant barriers. Watch the new episode about saving energy.

http://www.nachi.tv/episode62

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001h_KIna8MENFDyC-zCfhnbPNyCJn2HPTBV-5fA_26DEjnz8EWVTEiNB11apA454gIdcFX-dA_arQWDhiVVv5f94gcVYUq11HoqGgCgfsXd8I%3D

For an average 3 bedroom house, distributors can make approx
$1600 - $2300 per house.

Contact me for details… john@infrared-certified.com

Links,emails and phone# don’t work on web site.

Found one that did in Canada and got an answering mech.

John are you now teaching quantitative IR techniques?

If anyone is thinking about using IR as a sales tool, you had better take my course first…
Using IR on glass is not as it seems.
You can not compare the roof, siding and glass in the same scan for delta T.
You can not compare two scans of the same glass and compare them without accurate correction.
At e=.18 (from the video), there is a huge error factor possible.
The RAT is critical. Emissivity correction is absolutely required.

This is a good product to consider (don’t know the cost).
It really helps to have an IR background to market this product.
However most IR users do not understand glass. 98% of the students in my Lvl II class did it wrong first time around.

The contact info that was given on the video is john@infrared-certified.com

The other email spoken in the video was suppose to be removed in editing.
No web page for the radiant barrier was given out on the video.

The IR pictures were included to show a visual example of how the windows
were affected by the radiant barrier. No exact temperature analysis was given
in this video.

If you would like to share with me, please contact me and I will listen to your
issues.

936-546-2435

The issue is just a warning to all IR Inspectors “considering” using their IR (as you did), thinking that it is okey-dokey and it is not.

I am not saying IR can not be used for this, but it takes more training than presented here at NACHI.

As I have posted before, there are applications we can work on and there is procedures to follow, as well as some math that will make it happen. If anyone is planning to take before and after shots to show what the barrier is doing and do not do it to accepted IR standards, they are opening themselves up to false advertising and claims.

I have made my point clear in the past. I was run-out-of-town for it.
This is just a friendly warning to the untrained that own an IR camera.

Dave, what are the accepted IR Standards???

Texas A&M and NASA have tested this radiant barrier, as stated
in the video. Please tell us what you have found to be false
advertising.

Or… is this just an excuse to turn a video into a chance to show us
what you know. If someone wants to take a temperature reading
on a reflective surface, then Level I teaches their students they can
simply use a piece of high emissivity tape on the surface. This is the
most simple and direct method.

But… I know you are about to give us the dire warnings of doom,
so please release everything you know and let us have it… LOL. :mrgreen:
Get on your soap box and dazzle us.

I think you need to check your reading glasses John.
I said it looks like a good product and program (I have yet to see the numbers yet though).

I have no intention of teaching you anything, or preach to the choir!

I viewed the video two times and the program sounds interesting. The first impression that I had from the video was how infrared can promote this product (as was stated in the video). Then considering the source, if I perceive using thermal imaging to market this product then I assume someone else will probably consider this incorrect perception as well and it may be a problem. I posted this because I received questions from others in e-mails concerning this application? So I figured if they had questions, there would be a few others out there who should be made aware of the situation.

You said; “The IR pictures were included to show a visual example of how the windows
were affected by the radiant barrier. No exact temperature analysis was given
in this video.”. You say this now, but not in the video.

However, as we discussed in the past, you stuck incorrect numbers in there. So am I to assume those numbers are bogus and just disregard them? Why did you put them in there? You say one thing and you do another. So what’s going to happen if one of your students does the same thing just trying to impress a client?

They’re just following the master! Are they not?

So what you’re telling me is you’re going to use a 1 in.² piece of black tape to determine actual temperatures? If so, why didn’t you do it in the video? Would you propose painting the entire window black? I don’t think anyone will be too impressed looking at a square piece of tape and I question your true intent here. This is not what you were proposing in the first place and it is far-fetched to think that I am going to buy that excuse.

This whole program is directed towards thermal imaging providers and for very good reason.
Now you’re going to go off on one of your backpedaling tangents?!

I am only responding to what you put out. You’re the one posting the wrong information to start with. I don’t propose that your intentionally deceiving anyone, you just haven’t grasped the concepts yet.

I’ll just go back to my corner now and let you screw up a potentially good program.

This is not a sincere request for assistance, so NO I will not.

Waiting on you. Teach us oh guru.

07:44 “Temperature measurements we took…”

Watch the video. “Clear Glass with 18% absorption”

That is my point, you are not using exact scientific measurements!

So you can’t tell us the numbers either?
Was the person taking the scan one of your students as it appears?

Do I see numbers here, below?
What are we to make of them?
It is quite clear the difference, without the numbers. Why use them?

I didn’t slam you as you contend.
I didn’t say the product stunk, on the contrary.
I didn’t say there was a problem with the video.

I stated that “if” an IR Camera owner " is thinking about using IR as a sales tool" they need to be careful.

I think your the one in the “Attack Mode”.

You said we stuck “incorrect numbers” in the video.
Tell us what the correct numbers are?

You wanted to issues a “warning”, so tell us the solution?

You said I would mess it up, so tell us how to do it right?

I see no solutions, but only attacks. Simple.

I noticed that ever since you ask me if I would let you teach
my class, that you have set out to attack me because I
said no. Your attitude is lacking.

Do the spread in temperatures in these images mean anything?

The solution is to invest in the training you require to conduct the projects you are undertaking. You have some good programs for the level they were intended for. When you want to expand your applications, you need to expand your training and qualifications.

We had a discussion in the past that qualitative IR scanning should remain qualitative. You are not doing this in this video and the quantitative information is flawed.

You are enticing others to follow suit. As a trainer, your are in a position of responsibility to these people.

I am not here to pick apart your video. I reviewed the video to understand this product, but it is confusing and misleading from my point of view (and others who have communicated with me). I recommend the white papers available from the Snell Grp.; “Lessons About Basic IR Research”

This is a “self regulated” industry. Regulate yourself.

How much does this application cost (pick an average house of your choosing).

Do we have to go through you (there phones and sites are not up yet)?

How do we get a distributorship package?

http://www.solarcomfort.ca/products.htm

Still waiting.

For more information, contact me at

john@infrared-certified.com

… just as stated on the video.

Be advised, we are not seeking to convince everyone to join us.
That is the opposite of our goal.

Distributors can make approx $1600 to $2300 per house
for an average 3 bedroom home.

http://www.spaceconnection.org/products/detail/id/95

Radiant Energy Barrier Window Products

**Solar Comfort Window** Products provide an engineered solution to heat gain in the summer and heat loss in the winter with a line of high efficiency window products unlike anything on the market. 

In fact, they are not standard window treatments at all, but radiant energy barriers based on NASA technology, the same technology that helps keep astronauts comfortable in their spacecraft despite outside temperatures of +250° to -400° Fahrenheit.

Traditional insulating materials such as fiberglass, Styrofoam, and rock wool only absorb or slow down convective and conductive heat transfer. Yet the most dominant form of heat transfer is radiant heat transfer. Solar Comfort Window Products use radiant barrier technology to offer a permanent way to reduce energy costs by reflecting radiant heat energy instead of trying to absorb it.

In the summer the glass in your windows will absorb about 3% of this sun energy. The rest of it travels right through the glass and into your home. Solar Comfort Window Products reflect up to 85% of the energy that comes through the glass back outside before it can heat up your home.

During the winter, the process is reversed. Because heat travels from hot to cold the heat energy wants to travel from inside your house to the exterior. Solar Comfort Window Products reflect the heat energy back into your house before it can pass through the glass and outside.

Solar Comfort Window Products significantly reduce the energy exchange process to reduce energy loss and save you money.

http://www.spaceconnection.org/imgs/cert_logo.png

Wow when did NASA change their logo? The good news is once we populate Mars they already have the windows figured out. Here is a clip from a site on what the space shuttle windows are made of: (http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/nasadirect/archives/KSCDirect/archives/launch/sts113/day1/sspqa.htm)

**Jeremy Hartings from New Orleans, LA **
What are the windows in the space shuttle made out of? The windows on the Space Shuttle are actually made out of aluminum silicate glass and fused silica glass. The orbiter windows are actually three different panes, there’s an interior pressure pane because the pressure inside the orbiter is a lot higher than it is in the vacuum of space. We also have an optical pane that’s installed in the middle that’s about three and a half inches thick and on the outside, there’s a thermal pane that protects the inside of the cockpit from the high heats of ascent and reentry. There are six forward-looking windows, three on the CDR (Commander) side and three on the PLT (Pilot) side. There are two overhead windows that the crew out of especially when docking to the Space Station they’re using those windows to watch the orbiter approach the Space Station. And then there are two windows on the aft that look into the payload bay, and depending on our hatch configuration on the inside, there can be anywhere from one to two additional windows, they’re small holes that are installed inside the hatches so you can look through hatch windows. And the side hatch, the emergency egress hatch, has a small hatch window as well. They’re all made of the same materials. The forward windows - the ones that the crew actually uses for ascent and entry - are the ones we have to take really good care of in order to maintain the optical quality of them.

Jason Kaylor – JJ
VP of Sales
877/207-1244
AC Tool Supply](http://www.aikencolon.com/)
Fluke Thermal Imagers
FLIR Thermal Imagers
HotShot Hi-Rez Infrared Cameras
Fluke TiR1 Resources](http://www.fluketir1.com/)
FLIR B60 Resources](http://www.aikencolon.com/FLIR-Infrared-Imaging-b60-b-60-IR-Thermal-Imager-Camera_p_1564.html)
Retrotec Duct & Blower Door](http://www.retrotecblowerdoor.com/)
Phoenix Arizona AZ Infrared](http://www.aikencolon.com/Phoenix-Infrared-Inspections-Scans_ep_52-1.html)

Are you calling me a liar?

I never said the “Space Certification” was from NASA.
Why do you attack me like that for no reason?

BTW… this product is not a window.