Level I Certification Next Month

I will be attending the Level I Qualitative Thermography certification in February. The course is offered by Inraspection Institute. Level-I (Qualitative / Applications) is a five-day theory and applications course for the application of thermal imaging for P/PM, Condition Monitoring, Quality Assurance and Forensic Investigations.

This course covers infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, equipment operation and selection, standards compliance, image analysis and report generation.

Students are trained to identify and document thermal patterns caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure. Applications include: electrical distribution systems, mechanical systems, steam systems, refractory systems, underground piping, active thermography, building envelopes and flat roofs.

Students are encouraged to bring their own imager for individualized training or to learn how to use it more effectively.

Anyone interested in going to this class or would like details, please email me at kevin@itinetwork.net.

Kevin

Based on their instructors credentials and experience you should learn/affirm a lot and have any questions answered intelligently.

Real pround of you taking this path.

Good luck and look forward to your certification!

The way to go, Kevin. Not cheap but they are widely recognized and accepted. Have seen these folks advertising in energy journals since the 1980’s. This may lead to bigger jobs than residential where the $$$$ are bigger.

Kind words…Thanks, Barry.

Kevin

Kevin,

Congratulations …You and I are going down the same path. I registered with FLIR Systems last month and I’ll be attending Level 1 certification next week for 5 days in Billerica which is about twenty minutes from my home office. I hope to gain an enormous amount of IR information (than I already know) from this particular course. I look forward to sharing IR information once I complete this course.

I also submitted my first fee based IR report to Flir Systems and I just received a confirmation from Scott Wood that my BS certification with picture ID is in the mail and on it’s way. I should be receiving it next week.

Dave,

What I said to Kevin is ditto for you and all that choose the professional route with well established Level III instruction.

I’d hate to be the first patient or client of an intern surgeon or lawyer.

Congrats, David!

Good luck with your course, and maybe we can share notes afterwards.

Kevin

Or on a pilots first solo good post Barry I sent you a Greenie but forgot to sign it. I don’t normally play the Green Red game but Have received few reds lately

What do you call the guy who graduated last in his medical school class?

Doctor :mrgreen:

Potential Malpractice Lawsuit

Sometimes.

My Mother was a Kansas farm girl (Wilson, Kansas, pop. 2,800). She graduated high school and worked for the local Physician (who was also the County coroner and the only Vet within 250 miles).

She came to Chicago (because that’s where her Uncle Charlie’s wife’s Aunt lived) and went to Nursing School.

After graduation, she worked nights (as a Nurse) and went to classes during the day. She petitioned (and nudged, unceasingly) to take Pre-Med courses at Loyola University (they were, not at that time, accepting females).

But, my Mom was tough. (As Dad used to say, “Life is tough, then you marry one”)

She, along with two of her friends, became the first Women to attend male only science courses at both Marquette and Loyola University (Physics, Chemistry, etc).

After graduation (B.S. Biological Sciences), she applied to medical schools. None would take her. She had a 3.9 GPA (4 point scale) and had 16 hours more than reauired for normal graduation.

She kept taking courses, during the day (still working nights as a Nurse) and, got married. My Dad (G-d rest him) encouraged him as he continued to work (eventually earning a PhD, mechanical and fluidic engineering, Northwestern, and a law degree, John Marshal. G-d bless the G.I. bill!) and work nights (as a Draftsman).

Two days before Mom was going to graduate Loyola (PhD, Biology, Biochemistry), she recieved her acceptance to Medical School.

Dad told her to go for it.

4 years later, she was doing her externship, in a small town in Canada, when I decided to come out early (I swear, it was not intentional) as a 11 lb, 2 oz. breach birth (And my Dad kept head slapping me, through out my life, saying “Why the heck did you have to have such a big butt!!!” I don’t know why :wink: ).

Mom graduated last in her medical school class. 292 out of 292.

She went on and got her residency in Gyne/ob, practiced, took over the established practice of her mentor. She took night classes in advanced OMT (Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment) and became and instructor in the Medical School (while still running her practice).

When she was 42 she was elected the Chairman of the GYNE/OB dept. When she was 48, and OB malpractice insurance was running $250K per year, she went back and took a residency for pediatrics and family medicine (still running her own practice and now as an Associate Professor at the Medical School).

She stopped delivering babies (except for my niece and nephew) and switched her specialization.

She made full Professor and still ran her practice about the time I got married.

My Father got sick. She continued to teach, run ger practice, deliver the occasional baby for long term patients (She, recently, delivered the grandchild of one of her first patients, having delivered the mother :shock: ) and supporting our family (three boys and one girl (adopted, the rape product of a long term female friend, whom my parents adopted at the mother’s request).

My Father passed away, about 9 years ago. She is still working.

2 years ago, the Hospital and Medical School had the annual awards dinner.

Mom recieved an award for 55 years as a Physician, 45 years as a Professor. Her whole family was at one big table and we all cheered loudly and long (and, somewhat, rudely. Go figure.)

She is currently going to the office 3 days a week, teaching at the Medical School 2 days a week and is the Grandmother of 17 and the Great Grandmother of 4. She is 87 years old.

She will probably retire about 3 days after she dies. :wink:

She, in total, delivered 27,231 babies.

She is my Mom.

But you can call her Doctor.

I, and many others, have been well and truely blessed by a medical school student who graduated last in her class.

WOW!

Yeah. Kinda big shoes to fill.

BTW: Mom was SOOOOO proud when my Daughter got into the Naval Academy! And my Daughter knew it.

It is awesome to see to really tough women. My wife is that way as well.

helps to keep me in line (which I so sorely need!!!) :wink:

Kevin,

Just to give you an update…

I just finished the Level 1 IR certification here in Billerica, and if you’ve got any questions regarding my particular training here, please don’t hesitate to ask.

See this thread.