This is a lot of IR camera for the price

Seek Reveal Pro

The RevealPRO can score points for the technical details. The most important are certainly the sensor resolution of 320 x 240 pixels as well as the measuring range from -40 ° C to 330 ° C (-40 °F to 626 °F). The refresh rate is 15 Hz at 32 ° FOV (fixed focus).

On the outside, the device measures 60 x 30 x 127 mm (W x L x H) with a weight of only 177 grams. The integrated Li-Ion battery not only supplies the 6 cm LCD (4 h operation) but also the integrated 300 lumen LED with power.

The emissivityis adjustable from 0.3 to 0.97, plus, according to the data sheet, a thermal sensitivity of praiseworthy 75 mK. A digital zoom is possible up to 4 x. Additionally, 2 GB of built-in flash memory are integrated.

$559… not bad.

For a home inspector camera… this is way more than other options in this price range. I call it like I see it.

does it have a software platform to support it like Flir Tools? Is that your hand? lol…will you be adding feedback after playing around with it?

Do your own DD on this. Just wanted to pass the info on to others.

Thermogram images are not defined.
Poor sensor material.
U get what you pay for.

Did you take the IR photo?
Who did the focus?

It is fake Robert Young.
Why is he allowed to pollute the message board?

John,
That is a good article on the link you provided. The only thing I would add is that a horizontal screen is harder to use (Reveal Pro). Like the article says, less of a need for MSX with that resolution. 1/5 the price of the next nearest IR camera with that resolution.

The other IR companies are going to have to significantly drop their prices, or up their specs for lower priced models, to stay anywhere near competitive.

Good post

Anybody had a chance to try the new Flir One Pro? How does theFlir thermal imaging camera compares to the Reveal Pro?

Sergio,
I have a brand new one one, do not think I even used it once, if you would like to buy it. It is in new, excellent condition.
Came with a CMI package, so got it a few months ago.

John McKenna gets discounts on Flir products, I can match or beat his discount on this one device. He has a much wider range to choose from. He may have discounts on the Seek Reveal products as well, you can ask him.

No. I am using a FLUKE TI300 and TI100. Think there will be much of a difference?:roll:

The image was from their home page, John.
Likely an old image.

John, what does RESNET set the minimum Infrared focal range at to their energy audits?
If I remember correctly it was 120 x 120.
Been some time since the auditing discussion came up.

I played with the Reveal PRO a few days ago. It produces a decent image.

To the F tard impersonating Robert Young
Eat sht n die

Fair enough John.
1: The IR image is product how?
2: What type of lens are they using.

Looks like software gimmickry, but that is just my opinion.
As well, I am sure you would not perform your class with a camera like that while your students had full and used full featured IR cameras.

Back in the day, when I first realized thermography was an assist to home inspecting, Germanium was the industry standard.
The FLUKE Ti32, owned by several InterNACHI homies, was considered the best affordable IR camera under $10,000. Lenes were Germanium (Ge) Good clear IR image.

Now you have, Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), Zinc Sulfide (ZnS), Zinc Sulfide, MultiSpectral (ZnS MS), Silicon (Si), Calcium Flouride (CaF2). So capturing IR spectrum has come a long way, but has the lens and true spectrum paid a price to software?
Now there’s 4x Oversampling.

It might be just an opinion but, I think the camera in question image clarity is basicly a blended image with software and oversampling.
The smartphone cameras lens is the image resolution, be it raw or jpeg files, with overlaid, targeted point of infrared spectrum, atop raw or jpeg files.
More of the natural light image is being viewed, with high temperatures overlaid in IR.

FLIR utilized MSX to show the image.
A thermographer knows what they are looking at. As well, pricier FLIR and FLUKE cameras blend natural and IR light on the camera screen, as well as in your computer by the software provided. You can provide any number of images to differentiate natural spectrum from IR spectrum.

IMO, Little IR quality as compared to higher end full featured cameras the start at $1,000.00.

I agree those app camera’s are a way to measure heat, but at what cost?
You get what you pay for in life. Don’t fool yourself into thinking you don’t.
And the last thing you want is to be under-bused in anyway.

So you better know what you are talking about when talking to someone that knows what they are listening to. If not, your business could be in for a rough ride.

Fair enough John.
Three main questions.
What is the detector resolution?
What is the digital camera resolution?
What is the screen resolution?

Where are the temperature reference markers for hot or cold?
Can you adjust span or level?
Where is image information the thermogram?

1: The main background image is produced how?
2: As for the infrared spectrum, what type of lens are they using?
3: What software do they provide for the camera?
4: What software do they provide to produce a report?

Looks like internal software gimmickry, but that is just my opinion.
As well, I am sure you would not perform your class with a PRO-camera while your students used the full featured IR cameras FLIR and FLUKE provide.

Back in the day, when I first realized thermography was an assist to home inspecting, Germanium was the industry standard.
The FLUKE Ti32, owned by several InterNACHI homies, was considered the best affordable IR camera under $10,000. Lenes were Germanium (Ge) Good clear IR spectral image.:slight_smile:

Now you have, Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), Zinc Sulfide (ZnS), Zinc Sulfide, MultiSpectral (ZnS MS), Silicon (Si), Calcium Flouride (CaF2). So capturing IR spectrum has come a long way, but has the lens and the true IR spectrum paid a price to minimum software packaging?

4x Oversampling is on the rise. Will this be a game changer?

It might be just an opinion but, I think the PRO-camera in question image clarity is basicly a blended image relying on software and maybe oversampling.
The smartphone, minus the phone, camera lens is the image resolution, be it raw or jpeg files, with a targeted IR spectrum overlay atop raw or jpeg files on the image.

FLIR utilized MSX to enhance a bold silhouette of black features transposed upon a thermogram.I see the same idea used in the train image only the blended has been refined.

Good quality FLIR and FLUKE cameras blend natural and IR spectrum on the camera screen, as well as in your computer, by the software they provided. You can provide any number of images to differentiate natural spectrum from IR spectrum.
TIS 10 9 Hz.

IMO, The PRO-camera offers little IR quality, as compared to higher end full featured cameras the start at just over $1,100.00 US.

I agree those app camera’s are a way to measure heat, but at what cost?

You get what you pay for in life. Don’t fool yourself into thinking you don’t.

So you better know what you are talking about when talking to someone that knows what they are listening to. If not, your business could be in for a rough ride.

Always great discussing IR with you John.
Wishing you much success as always.
Robert

Look up some of the specs yourself.

John there’s no need to get mad.
With all due respect, you could have said look it up Robert.

I personally will stick with brand name equipment and spend the added dollars.

You get what you pay for. You know that.

I’m not mad

I hope not, but the bold and large lettering lead me to believe you were.

Hope this helps anyone.
Spec from the manufacturer. RevealPRO

I agree 240x320 sound impressive. I can see it as a tool to help an inspector start off in the field of thermography.
A major omission of software becomes the liability I feel.
The inability to create and documentation all the readings leaves this tool short on reporting usability.

Best of luck in all your endeavors.
Robert