How low can you go?

A local online ad for IR that I found this morning:

WE WILL COMPLETE AN ANALYSIS AND LEAVE YOU AN “MS WORD” DOCUMENT REPORT OF FINDINGS.

HOMES UNDER 3000 SQ FT $200 TOTAL

OVER 3000 SQ FT CALL FOR A QUOTE

Why the heck would they leave a word doc file? The customer can edit it then later sue the inspector for wrong findings. They could also edit it to make the home look better than it is. Then use it as documentation to assist in selling the property. Once again leaving the inspector at risk.

JJ

Jason— did not know if you knew this but you can “protect” or lock a MS “Word” .doc Click “Tools” click “protect document” and follow the instructions on the right under enforcement. good luck ! :shock:

This person does not appear to be a home inspector but someone with an imager trying to sell his services. T

I had a gentleman call me the other day, wanting pricing for an exterior wall scan. I gave him my price, the he argued he could get a “infrared scan” for $100 from someone else. He informed me that my price was too high, and that he thought I was ripping people off! I told him if he thought that then get it done for $100 from the other guy, i won’t set foot in the door for $100. Needless to say, he got the other guy to do it for $100. His wife was home when the other inspector came, and sent a report the next day. He came to find out the inspector had a $79 heat gun, and NOT an infrared camera! The jokes on him now…some people just won’t listen.

Yes. MS Word has the “protect” feature but to be sure and if it was me I would submit it to the customer in a .pdf or print it to a .pdf

Just my 2 cents