Mold Lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/0…-outbreak.html

Patient sues Pittsburgh hospital over mold outbreak
"A lung transplant patient sued a Pittsburgh hospital for negligence on Monday after he contracted a fungal infection in his lungs during a mold outbreak that’s been linked to the deaths of three other transplant patients.
"

Note:
**Moisture is conducive to mold growth. This is why you should NEVER look for hidden areas of moisture with a cheap IR camera (ie… 80x60 resolution), or any other low quality infrared camera.

See the example below of how a cheap IR camera could not detect the moisture on the far right side of the image. The moisture on the far right was from a second source than the first area. This is not a game folks. There is no thermography school in north America that recommends using a low grade infrared camera for doing building scan for moisture. It is a stupid idea and sets you up for liability. You cannot do infrared scans being half blind and justify it to your client or escape the liability. Get some training before you buy an IR camera that is not worth a crap.

(thanks to Mr William T. Misegrades for the image). BTW… I am not selling IR cameras.

Just an FYI.

It is lawsuit. One word, no “e” on the end. :shock:

Beat me to it. lol

suit vs. suite

John, I take it the 3rd image is the bad camera. But what camera was it, and what camera was the good camera?

It would be nice to have ‘minimum specs’ for an IR camera for HIs. I see “get a good IR camera” a lot on the forum, but haven’t seen a definition of what a ‘good IR camera’ is.

The low quality camera was 80x60 resolution.

The FLIR E6 will work for inspectors.

Contact me for a quote or more info<john@infrared-certified.com>

Try reading slowly. It’s been posted 1 million times: 120 x 120

That is a resnet requirement.

Thermal imaging is not regulated at this time (at least not until idiots go out there with their crap cameras and cause somebody to get killed). At that point, John will be out of a job teaching this stuff because you didn’t pay attention.

Do you need a damn law for everything you do in your life? Don’t you think we have enough? Take responsibility for yourself. Represent your clients properly. Quit trying to be something you’re not. You’re a home inspector not a thermographer.