New imager choice

Heh Folks,

I’m a bit stumped.

I need an IR camera to compete in the market.

For a lot of reasons I’ve narrowed my choice down to the Flir E6, or the Testo 875-1.

I like the Flir for the MSX pictures. It seems to me the combination of visual and IR images would look really sharp in a report. No Manual Focus is not a great thing, and there are a couple other features and adjustments missing.

The Testo comes well regarded, with manual focus, and with the Super Resolution Technology can give me pictures to put in my report which are 320x240, for a price comparable to the Flir. (thanks again to all of you who responded to my questions re Super Resolution)

I get that many of you feel that an entry level camera such as these is way below what I should be looking at. I’ve read all the links I can find on this site. I’m not looking at commercial right now. I just need the best camera I can afford right now to get established in the home inspection market. (Either of these cameras beat the pants off the camera the guy I’ve been tagging along with owns, and his business is very successful)

I’m leaning towards the Flir because of the clear pictures that look sharp and will be easy for my customers to understand.

Which camera would you recommend? Is there a comparable that I’m missing?

Thanks-

avoid these novice goofs…thermal imaging questions would be better answered on thermal imaging MB
here’s how i roll
we don’t know what we don’t know

1. local rep for hands on try before you buy, better/unknown offers, when will new/upgrade series be issued & help after sale
  2. best software pkg. included or additional fees
  3. turn around & loaners for any needed service/calibration
  4. does it sync with other devices/tools
  5. payment plans/credit options…may allow for a better imager

btw, i didn’t compare

avoid these novice goofs…thermal imaging questions would be better answered on thermal imaging MB

i don’t ask my plumber for solutions to my bowel problems

we don’t know what we don’t know

1. local rep for hands on try before you buy, better/unknown offers, when will new/upgrade series be issued & help after sale
  2. best software pkg. included or additional fees
  3. turn around & loaners for any needed service/calibration
  4. does it sync with other devices/tools
  5. payment plans/credit options…may allow for a better imager

I wondered why