Reveal Pro - FYI Not an endorsement

Wonder if Inspector Outlet will be carrying this item? Do not know if this qualifies as spam, if so I apologize in advance. The Seek Reveal which I bought for $300 has survived a few drops. The flashlight is a good backup. Vertical screen would be better, easier to take a picture of IR image with regular camera for location, as it does not have MSX , or picture within picture. The casing looks to be the same for my lower level camera with the pro version. Below are specs about the Pro version. Says it has a Fast Frame, no spec though. They obviously surpass RESNET minimums for sensitivity.

RevealPRO combines a high-performance 320 x 240 thermal sensor, 300-lumen LED light price of $699.00

Thermal Level and Span – Easily set and lock a temperature range to display the maximum thermal information of any object or scene with a set point and range.
Emissivity Control – Calibrate for emissivity through easy, pre-defined settings. Compensate for various surface materials, ensuring accurate readings and reporting.
Nine Standard and High Contrast Color Palettes – From standard grayscale to spectra high contrast, RevealPRO provides the visual capabilities necessary to help users easily examine and understand thermal imagery during inspection.
Full-Frame Mapping of Temperature Distribution – Displays all temperature data for maximum clarity and resolution.
Multiple User Modes – Normal, Spot temperature and Level & Span included.
Ruggedized Display – 2.4” color display featuring Corning® Gorilla® Glass protection.
4x Digital Zoom - Wide, 32° field of view with 4x digital zoom capability lets you easily scan a large area and identify potential hazards in seconds

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54d4e995e4b08c8065ddef4c/t/57c839b8725e252954470476/1472739769242/RevealPRO-Datasheet-EN.pdf

Yep, something had to happen, maybe this is it, or maybe it’s still around the corner. My new Testo I paid a lot more for uses SD memory cards, which have not been manufactured since 2004 or thereabouts, it can’t read SDHC cards. So something isn’t happening re product development with the usual suspects. Flir’s little tricks, like using the same sensor for cameras that go from 80 X 60 to 320 X 240 are signs of a non competitive industry who haven’t bothered to do anything other than keep the prices high and restrict upgrades to mostly stuff that doesn’t matter or enhance the capability of thermal imaging.
It also means that once other manufacturers get into the game and make cheaper and better thermal imagers, thermal imaging will be available to all and sundry, and nothing special anymore.

Post bump:

I am considering buying this camera for a compact IR option to have on my home inspections. Has anyone been using the Seek Reveal Pro? And input is appreciated.

Steve started a thread just below this one with some images from a reveal pro.

It does make or exceed the minimal resolution and sensitivity requirements, but - make no mistake - it is not a Flir 8. Right now, I’m using it to “expand my vision” and it’s been useful. Make sure you know what you’re looking at. Force the Delta T to make things ‘pop’, then investigate with other tools what you’re seeing. Be mindful that brass has a different emissivity than ABS, and be mindful of your span.

Training, experience and tools - I don’t have the experience to give you solid advice on the tool, still training myself.

Thanks, Steve.
Any thermograms to post?