Why the FLUKE TiR is the perfect camera for InterNACHI members.

• High IR detector resolution: 160 X 120
  • High screen resolution: 640 X 480
  • Horizontal screen to match most digital cameras
  • Horizontal screen to match most reporting software
  • Fusion technology w/picture in picture
  • 2GB SD memory chip
  • USB SD card reader for downloading inspection PICs into your computer
  • Rugged. Can withstand a 6.5’ drop
  • Includes free training DVD
  • Includes IR software and free upgrades for life
  • Includes hard case, soft case, and hand strap
  • 2-year warranty
  • Great InterNACHI member-only special pricing from Inspector Outlet.

There really is no more perfect camera for home inspectors without spending a lot more $, IMHO.

Agreed, that is why I own one.:smiley:

Thanks Nick I am looking into buying a thermal imaging camera. You always give us a great deal. Joining innerNACHI has really helped my business. Thanks again

Thanks, there are better cameras and there are cheaper cameras. This one lands right on the sweet spot.

Love my Tir1. I agree it is an excellent package. One hand operation. Durable. With enough resolution to be useful in a variety of situations. Got mine during the Infrared Certified course so it was also at a great price.

We offer our students the lowest price for IR cameras in the USA.

And, coming to the Chicago area, and I also believe, Wisconsin chapter, live, 2 day NACHI IR certification course. Plus, in these two states, it will count for CE requirements.

Look for the course, in the Chicago area, after November.

Also covered:

Energy Audits.
Building Science
Water Intrusion inspections (including the “Split Faced Block” problem).

Look for more info.

I also just got the TiR, great camera, great price. What I have not seen mentioned Is the software. I was also looking at the TiR1 for a lot more money. EVERY EXTRA FEATURE OF THE TiR1 IS AVAILABLE IN THE SOFTWARE AFTER TAKING THE PICTUE.:):p:D TiR1 was about $3000 more, but the same features are in the software.

I don’t know Nick.

I’m not a brand loyalist and own one of each. I wouldn’t argue though that Fluke makes a sweeeeeet camera, particularly in the TI32 (pushed me off the fence). You know however that FLIR will answer the challenge to one-up them.

Competition has been good for inspectors.

Good point

Karl,
There’s value in not having to use separate software to accomplish one thing (whether $3K worth is arguable). The more you use IR…the more you’ll wish you didn’t need 2 sets of software to write a report.

Of course if the only software you’re using for report writing is the IR software, you can pretty much ignore what I just said.

The thermal sensitivity is much higher (lower) on the TiR1. Approx 33% better. There is voice annotation on the TiR1. 7 color pallettes (those are in the software as well, having them on unit can be useful at times). And NO Emmisivity correction, this is a big one. The TiR1 also has on unit three levels of fusion (in both PiP and full screen).

Depending on the user a couple of those are bells and whistles type of features. However, the thermal sensitivity, emmisivity correction and voice annotation (ever tried to explain to a customer exactly where the picture is in a report) are very big features.

JJ

They will do something, but I doubt they trump it. The last batch was the Ti series vs the B Series and I series. The FLIR cameras in most ways were not as feature packed for the money, or were just more expensive for the same features.

FLIR has one semi fatal flaw. They only make IR. On the surface that seems like that would be a benefit. In reality their profit margins have to be higher because that is the only product they make. Fluke is the world leader in test & measurment. They survived well, well before they had IR. Just ask any electrician what meter they use. At least 95% of the time it is Fluke or nothing.

What is going to be even more interesting is when Fluke upgrades their FlexCam line. That is where FLIR had a competitive edge in the past. Fluke showed what they are willing to do to get the business with the Ti32/TiR32. I would not be shocked to see a 640x480 FlexCam (maybe higher), with many available sub $1,000 extra lenses, by the first of the year. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see one of these units do something that is a completly new feature for IR.

Personally what I would like to see in a camera is a base detector on the unit with upgradable features if the user wants to purchase them later on. It would keep the initial price down for people that want say 640x480 and <50mk sensitivity. Then add on other features at a later point. I think the manufactures would make more money with the add on’s, and the user can get a camera that fits his exact needs without having to purchase a bunch of bells and whistles that they do not want.

JJ

I’m not convinced that it’s a flaw per se. After all, they rule the world with military and law enforcement applications…a HUGE market. I’m not convinced that they’re trying too hard to capture the HI market. It will be interesting to see their next product launch.

They actually pursue the HI market really hard. FLIR is the one that really started this trend about 3-4 years ago. In a round about way they created the use of IR for a home inspection. I know there were people pre-FLIR marketing/using/developing it, but they are the ones that made it real mainstream to see HI’s with cameras.

The military/law enforcement/biggest IR company arguement is what gets FLIR a lot of customers. And yes they do deserve that respect from experience. Ultimately us normal people never see that technology for decades, at best.

For the most part, one horse shows do not fair well against competition that does it all. How does Petsmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bookmans, Office Max, or any grocery store, etc… fair against WalMart for pricing? Those companies have to sell you on something else, like experience, appeal, name brand, atmosphere, or whatever.

JJ