I do at least 2 MIC inspections a week and those lead to 2 more usually.

Between 60 and 70% of the time, I get the realtor to pay for it. I explain how MIC inspected homes sell faster for more. It works best in conjunction with FetchReport. Sell the full MIC program, not just a prelisting inspection. If you have any questions give me a call. 303 249 5380 cell. InterNACHI members only please.

That is great for you.

Any reason why your website is down? Wanted to check out your MIC information.
The webpage cannot be found

Pro Sight is a franchise. http://www.prosightinspections.com/

http://steelrhino.prosightpi.com/

Yes. Jim is about to launch his own franchise alternative: “Steel Rhino.” It should go live any day.

Is anyone doing these MIC inspections in Florida, whenever I bring up the idea to Realtors here in the Tampa Bay area laughter erupts.

You need Nick to fly down and give a presentation. I think the only State MIC marketing has been successful in is Colorado. :wink:

Makes sense thanks.

I tell them it’s like the pre-owner car certifications. Get in it now before everyone is doing them. They like the idea but no one is willing to sell it to their clients here yet but I’m trying.

Most of the homes sales up here are vacant, bank or government owned. The short list of brokers that are allowed to list these homes could care less about any type of inspection, before or after the sale. They don’t care about condition, utilities or anything else.

In my state (and presumably others) a home inspection is something that a used house salesman will “recommend” to a home buyer with the hope that they refuse…so that they can document their refusal and press on with an uninterrupted and easy close.

When the client opts for an inspection, they actively seek the cheapest and newest inspector they can find in the hope that he will (1) overlook most of the defects and (2) be so grateful for the referral he will be considering the possibility of future referrals as he describes the condition of the house in his report.

To suggest to these same people that they should have their sellers discover anything at all that they may have to disclose to a prospective buyer in advance will result in the hysterical guffaws that Joe. B. has eluded to.

IMO, it is the FSBO market that is most ripe for something new and innovative to help them provide an incentive to someone looking to buy their home.

As a former top-producing REALTOR, I can assure you… if a major defect exists, one that might wreck my deal and wipe-out my commission, I want to know about it as soon as possible so that either:

1. I have time to try to hold the deal together through negotiation.
  2. The defect wrecks the deal early so that I don’t waste time working on a transaction that can’t close.

We’re not paid by the hour, we’re paid if there is a closing. We have no interest in racking up hours and expenses only to find a problem that we could have learned about before we racked up all those hours and expenses.

MIC makes sense to listing agents provided…

… your explanation of MIC to listing agents is as strong as the MIC idea is logical.

Jimmy Michael offered to help you if you call him.

You’re right, they are TOUGH to market.

How many used house salesmen are “top producers” compared to the number of them who might sell two to three houses per year?

Touche.

Market it to the biggest listing agent in town.

I think Nick might have to come to the Milwaukee area too. I am going to try to market MIC like the used car certification to see if that helps.

Yes, Nick needs to make a road trip and drop by all the states and proviences. He needs to show us inspectors how it is done.

No, he needs to explain it to the agents in Kansas and Missouri, who only care about selling the home, and not taking care of their clients.

Years before I joined InterNACHI, I tried to promote pre-sale inspections. I have a full page on my web site about the subject. In 8 years of promoting pre-sale inspections, I have done 6.

Agents here only want one thing; sell the home, and make money. In Kansas, and soon Missouri, by law you do not need to check appliances; you only have to check one outlet, one switch, one window per room. Basic, soft, cheap reports are now the norm. So, they are now telling their clients this, and the clients just do not think home inspections are worth it.

This is what the agents wanted all along; us out of their way. Sad for home buyers.

Here, it is very difficult to market MIC to Bank of America, Fannie Mae and the multitude of other banks that are the present homeowners. Short sale owners have no interest. In my last 100 inspections, I’ve had 2 that were actually owner occupied and both were being sold as is with right to inspect.

MIC is a good program in a normal market and someday we’ll have a normal market…again…:roll: