"We'll Buy Your Home Back" Guarantee now officially available on seller inspections.

InterNACHI’s “We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee - InterNACHI

1 Like

So if a home is pre-inspected and the home sells 6 months later, is it still covered under the buy-back guarantee?

1 Like

According to my conversation with Nick it is good even if the home is on the market for 20 years. (I feel that was a bit dramatized for effect though)

2,000 years.

1 Like

I saw that the language for the guarantee was updated to reflect the Seller Inspection, but it didn’t seem like the “fine print” page has been updated. Still read (at least to me) that it was on the legacy program.

Point out the exact language and I’ll review and update if necessary.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay; it has been a busy 3 weeks. The language in the first line of the screenshot from the certificate page doesn’t mention seller.

Thanks for taking a look at this Nick!

I don’t see the certificate page you are talking about. Where is it? Is it a link?

No, it’s correct. Just because you are doing the inspection for the seller doesn’t change the fact that the guarantee goes to the buyer, whoever that may one day be,.

“Valid for home inspections performed for home buyers”

The inspection is being performed for the seller…

That is my concern as well, Michael. I think adding “or sellers” would make it easier for the clients to follow.

I understand the point that the guarantee is for the buyer, but the current language may add a hurdle when offering this as part of a marketing strategy for sellers.

1 Like

Hey everyone, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a follow up question:

Per the main Buy-Back page “The home must be listed for sale with a licensed real estate agent.”

I have an upcoming seller inspection but the home is not currently listed for sale. Their plan is to list it once my report has been published and they decide if they want to fix any items beforehand. So, given the home is not currently listed will the Buy-Back still cover it once it has been listed?

I just want to make sure I’m well-informed and giving my client correct information. Thanks in advanced for any feedback!!

The home doesn’t have to be listed by a licensed real estate agent when you inspect it. It has to be listed (the seller has to have professional representation) when we buy it back. The Guarantee is used on FSBOs every day of the week.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification, Nick!

I appreciate all you guys do! :+1: