"Ask for a Copy of the Inspection Report" sign riders now available.

Ask for a Copy of the Inspection Report.

I must admit that is a good sign idea for the yard.Kudos.

Must also admit also that I hate the idea of cutting down on the number of inspections in a potential market area.

This could really reduce the demand for buyer inspectors, our bread and butter.

Exactly my point.
Cutting off our own noses and lets face the fact that an Agent would be the one requesting it on a higher percentage basis if you get what I am implying.

Not too concerned as it is a very small market for this service at this point.

MIC increases the number of inspections in any market:

• You do a Move In Certified inspection for the seller. That’s one.
  • The seller makes repairs and has you re-inspect the same house. That’s two.
  • At your recommendation, the buyers hire their own inspector to confirm. That’s three.
  • The sellers hire you to inspect the home their buying. That’s four.
  • Every buyer who looked at the home, picked up a copy of your report, and didn’t buy the home, now has a copy of the product that you produce as a professional, in their hands, driving around in your market area, about to hire a home inspector. That makes, 5, 6, 7, 8…
  • The neighbor, who is also selling, sees the sign rider and calls you to do an MIC inspection on the home their selling, and that leads to even more.
  • Then the listing agent asks you to do a presentation at her office sales meeting about MIC, and that leads to more, which lead to more.

Furthermore, why do you care what happens downstream anyway? You are getting the inspections FIRST… before your competition even smells them.

And even furthermore, in all the years we’ve had this program, I’ve never heard of a seller who did an MIC who didn’t use the same MIC inspector for the home he/she was buying (provided the seller was moving locally).

I used to say that the number of inspections performed in any market was a constant. No more. MIC increases that number dramatically.

www.MoveInCertified.com

We’ve spent years telling agents that they cannot have another copy of the report. Now we are offering them. Oy Vey!!! :roll:

Not me. In 1995, I was making 4 copies of my gorgeous, full-color, robust inspection reports in hopes that they’ll get passed around.

One of the main reasons for performing an MIC inspection is to get the opportunity to lay out 25 copies of your inspection report on the kitchen table with a little “Take One” sign on them. Every potential buyer who tours the home (and doesn’t like the home), picks one up. You now have 25 copies of one of your inspection reports in the hands of 25 buyers about to need a home inspector in your local market.

It’s a beautiful thing!

Whats 25 copies x 100 pages in print cost ?
Maybe I should just leave a old netbook at the place.:slight_smile:

(or) a giant card with my website for upload.:slight_smile:

What are the marketing costs in getting 25 samples of the product that you produce as a professional in the hands of 25 customers about to need your services? $1 million dollars, 2 million dollars?

Get you a really good HP OfficeJet and buy some aftermarket refillable cartridges, Bob. High quality color printing is now cheap.

I have gotten several buyer’s inspections that way!

Realtor friend of mine told me she went to a real estate seminar of some kind in Denver and almost all the agents she met from out THERE, were talking about doing Pre-Listing Inspections.

I told her we’ve done them for 4 years and think its a fantastic idea. She indicated she’s been in several office, company and RE Board meetings in Kansas City and the VAST majority of Realtors think they’ve a bad idea AND will not ever recommend them. When I asked why, the reasons were:

1. If me and my buyer DON’T know its wrong, we can truthfully fill out the disclosure with … I don’t know OR no problem’
  2. If we find out its wrong, we gotta fix it OR disclose it;
  3. If the buyer skips the inspection we don’t have to deal with it at all;
  4. If the buyer gets an inspection, then we gotta deal with the Pre-Listing issues AND the buyers inspectors findings;
  5. If the buyer gets a bad inspector and he misses stuff, we don’t have to deal with it at all;
  6. If we DON’t get a Pre-Listing Inspection AND If the seller does NOT disclose known problems AND the buyer does NOT get a home inspection OR if he does get one BUT his inspector misses finding the problem AND theres later a lawsuit … Its the seller and inspectors problem / NOT ours, ESPECIALLY now that inspectors can’t limit basic liability AND are forced to carry MANDATORY insurance or …

Gotta love the Kansas City Realtors well thought out logic.

Since 2001, I have done just 6 pre-sale inspections. Half were for home owners by agents to get the home owners to lower the price of the home. I have, for years, have had a whole web site page devoted to the subject.

KC agents will not do them, for the reasons Dan has stated. Thanks to the Kansas Association of Realtors, and even the KCRAR and office brokers for mentioning these ideas, faulty home inspection laws, and really shafting the home buyers of Kansas, and for Missouri for that matter, only to gain commissions to members of those associations.

Just ordered these signs. Due to local sign ordinance, signs are limited to one sign per home. A rider is perfect in this situation. This MIC inspection is for an agent’s personal home. He has an impressive virtual tour of the home being sold and he’s putting my logo on the tour. Should be interesting.

This is an article I saw on the Realtors web site. Nick what do you think about it?
http://www.realtor.org/rmodaily.nsf/pages/news2010051705?opendocument

Article is correct. MIC prevents lawsuits and all but eliminates failure-to-disclose lawsuits altogether.

That article just proves that most Realtors do not care about the consumer receiving a quality home. Sad but true.

Wow
Really showing great ethics in a national mag.