Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Seller Inspections & MoveInCertified

Notices

Seller Inspections & MoveInCertified Contains discussions about seller inspections and the MoveInCertified program.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2/26/15, 6:56 PM
New User

Please Note: Bill Breeden is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Move In Certified Inspections

I am neither an inspector nor a real estate agent, so forgive my ignorance. As a homeowner (and someday a seller) I think I understand the benefits of Move-In Certified inspections, but don't understand why seller or seller's agents are not making greater use of this program or even the use of pre-listing (pre-sale, pre-offer, etc) inspections given the many benefits documented by InterNACHI and many of its members. Or am I wrong, there is a large percentage of use and its trending towards greater use? Or is there an impediment (someone or something) in the marketplace that limits their adoption by sellers and/or the seller's broker/agent if its not home inspectors? Thank you in advance for your time and sharing your knowledge!
Need a home inspection in South Carolina? Check out InterNACHI's listing of South Carolina certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 2/26/15, 7:10 PM
Active Poster

Default Re: Move In Certified Inspections

Someone's doing them. InspectorOutlet sells Move-In-Certified signs like pizza slices at a football game. Stacks and stacks go out the door every day.

They are huge here, but that's because the inspectors here push them. We even do Move-In-Certified commercial inspections in Colorado.
Old 2/26/15, 11:57 PM
New User

Please Note: Bill Breeden is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

So its only a matter of inspectors pushing awareness of the Move In Certified Inspection? Sellers have no hesitancy to make use of them, including having to incur the cost of the inspection? Do seller's agents routinely pay for the inspection as a cost of doing business, because they recognize it a competitive advantage to winning more listing in a competitive marketplace? Again, thank you and the members for sharing their thoughts.
Old 2/27/15, 6:18 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
Do seller's agents routinely pay for the inspection as a cost of doing business, because they recognize it a competitive advantage to winning more listing in a competitive marketplace?
There is a list of reasons seller's use Move-In-Certified. That list is here: http://www.moveincertified.com/sellers
Old 2/27/15, 9:08 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

I based my MIC letter off this awesome list. Great list!

Michael Koester - Certified Professional Inspector

Direct Inspections
6528 Seagate Ave, Sarasota, FL, 34231
(941) 251-1000

https://www.DirectInspections.com
michael@directinspections.com

Old 2/28/15, 3:13 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

I really see the value in Move-In Certified. I had a Realtor tell me that she thought if the Seller discovered an issue and then repaired it, they would do it on the cheap - thus not being in the best interest of the buyer. I think the pros outweigh the cons by a wide margin and I think a Buyer would appreciate the Good Faith shown by the Seller.

I've been distributing a trifold pamphlet to Realtors based on InterNACHI's reasons and a few of my own, and I've added a page on my website dedicated to Move-In Certified inspections. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited by snadeau; 2/28/15 at 3:15 PM.. Reason: Wanted to add more now that sig is fixed
Old 3/25/15, 11:26 AM
InterNACHI Member

I just purchased the yard signs thru InterNACHI Inspector Outlet and I can't wait to go set them up!
My realtors will be fighting over them!

http://TruckieHomeInspections.com
Attached Thumbnails
move-certified-inspections-front.jpg   move-certified-inspections-logo.jpg  
Old 6/8/15, 6:44 PM
InterNACHI Member

Hey Nick G,
ED Knight here.
Have a question?
Can an InterNachi inspector
Certify Residential Occupancy?