Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Seller Inspections & MoveInCertified Contains discussions about seller inspections and the MoveInCertified program.

Old 2/17/15, 9:34 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Sellers MIC Inspections

My main focus has always been on buyers inspections but am trying learn how to do sellers/MIC inspections.

The last sellers inspection I did was full of defects throughout all the components of that house, the seller wanted a "clean" inspection report to promote the sale of her house. I did the report as I usually do and came back to re inspect the repairs, then amended the report to indicate the repairs have been completed.

Is this how everyone is doing them?
Is your MIC/Sellers report exactly the same as your buyer report?

My main question is how do you deal with a seller that is selling a house that is FULL of problems, and how do you call that move in certified? What am I missing here?

Pete Busch
Eagle Home Inspections LLC
763 442 4039
www.mnhomecheck.com
Old 2/17/15, 11:00 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Sellers MIC Inspections

I do it the same as you. I just report it as I see it because if the buyer decides to bring in their own inspector that is what they will do. I explain this to my client that this is the reason I bring defects to their attention. They then have the option to say I will fix them and provide the potential buyer with receipts of the repairs with my report or have me come back and amend the report showing the repairs and also providing the receipts when necessary or they can choose to say I am aware of xyz problems and I will not be repairing them but that is the reason why I am at my price

Adam Bayard CPI,CRPI
On The Mark Inspection Services
www.onthemarkinspections.com
(905)424-4467
Ontario, Canada
Serving Durham Region,York Region,
and Kawartha Lakes