I Have a $1k/mo. Drug Habit to Support...

I have a drug habit I must sustain for the rest of my life. Organ transplant anti-rejection drugs run >$1k/mo.

As most know, I do a lot of Building Science Work besides Home Inspection and I have a surplus of test equipment (duplicates in many cases) that many of you may find useful in your business.

I have been reaching out individually to Inspectors who are posting requests for info on test equipment, so if your looking for something I have in stock I’d like to pass it on to someone who can really use it but can’t afford new.

I’ll be posting to this thread as I am able to go through my stuff.

Sorry to hear that Dave. I know you had mentioned that too a few years ago when we talked but was always hoping for you that it would get better.
Hope things fall into place for you so it will help.

We went to a funeral get together of a friend younger than us last night. It was difficult for many of us. Some of us don’t know how good we have it 'til it is gone. I will pray for your well being; health, financial, spiritual etc., David, my friend.

At least it’s a habit which enhances and prolongs your life rather than one which detracts and shortens it. I hope you have it a long time.

Praying for you David.

Prayers to you and your family.

You know as always I stand behind you what can I do to help?

Stay Well and get rest David .

Ageed Wayne, and I hope Dave will keep us posted.
Take care my friend and get better.

Thanks to all !! I appreciate it.

I have had this problem for 65 years, and there is no cure (just treatment options). Selecting the appropriate option requires life changes that is not so easy to do. To get this far for this long is a blessing. I take each day as a new day when I wake up each morning and make as much of it as I can. I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and offers to help.

The hardest point right now is telling clients whom I have serviced for years that I can not longer keep doing what I have done for them in the past. It’s like sending a boat adrift with no one to steer it.

I am done with Home Inspections this month, but hope to continue with Thermography and Building Science cases as time allows. So I figure it’s time for a Home Inspector Yard Sale! :wink:

Thanks for the update . Wish you all the best, Char and Roy

Stay strong Dave!

After 30 years I somewhat understand.
I did not realize you had an exasperating ailment. Sorry to hear that, David.
BIG Prayers your way from all the memebers.
Keep well.
God bless.

Looking forward to your equipment post to see how you defined your inspection parameters.

David, as to part of your post. “The hardest point right now is telling clients whom I have serviced for years that I can not longer keep doing what I have done for them in the past. It’s like sending a boat adrift with no one to steer it.”
Mentoring is a gift for both individuals. A tool caddy helps as well.
It gives the mentor an option of letting someone a chance to command the ship, when ready, and not your ready, and keep the business name in petuation.
Remember, good enough does not have to be Your Good Enough. Do not expect them to have your skill-sets. As long as they follow SoP in every regard.
Just a thought. It’s working for me.

Best regards.
Robert

Sorry to here about what is going on Dave. I will be praying for you.

I am a new HI and new to this site. It is very cool to see the community that is here and how much people care.

Wish you the best.
Erik