NACHI's InspectorSeek.com

Wow, two warnings from me in one week!

Maybe others have experienced this already, but I’ve not.

I received an email from someone searching on InspectorSeek.com (a NACHI site). I’ve gotten them before and they’ve turned into real clients.

This one turned into a popular craigslist scam after a few emails. I’ll let you read for yourself.

Alesha Dixon <aleshah8e@gmail.com> wrote:

A message has been sent to you via www.InspectorSeek.com – a InterNACHI owned website.
The sender also checked the “I would like to book an inspection.” box.
Hello am Alesha,I am currently searching for a Home Inspector,I will like to know your service hours please get back to me as soon as possible.
Sent by: “Alesha Dixon” <aleshah8e@gmail.com>

(I responded with my hours - NOTE, I did think it an odd question, but if someone had already dealt with an inspector who didn’t work weekends, etc…, then maybe an odd question is OK)

Alesha Dixon

[RIGHT] Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:05 PM[/RIGHT]

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 2,500 square feet with Written Report)
Note:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

I provided a quote based on a 2500sf home (with the caveat of it being a slab foundation). I gave her some options for termite inspectors, etc… Here’s her response

Hello ,

Thanks for the  quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place  for the inspection,first of all i will like 

you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by Realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send you the key and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be used to balance up fees for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.
Warm Regards

So just giving everyone a head’s up. :slight_smile:
B

This has been going around for many months, and there are many, many, many threads about it. Thanks for the added alert… but it’s old news, that is getting older by the minute! :wink:

I thought there might be so I looked on the forum thread page, but never found anything. So…I posted.

Sorry to stir up the past.

No problem. The search feature suks because few here very rarely use thread titles that are searchable, so most threads cannot be found easily.

I’m trying to see if I can delete the thread. Don’t see anything. Is it possible for me to delete it? No sense in clogging up the line.

Nope… Nick wants all threads to create clicks to boost the site SEO. I often thinks he prefers dead threads… less bs to deal with but still drives traffic. That is why you sometimes see the first post of a thread as “…” can’t delete it and because a post must have 4 characters!

Just got mine today.

I got the same thing. From previous post on this I knew it was a scam. Played along and emailed them stating that I charge $3000.00 for 2500sqft. Has expected they were ok with the quote.

Haven’t got an email in a while, I must be left out:(

How unusual- Cheryle Garland contacted me. She is also buying a house for her retired “parent”, and is hearing impaired after a recent surgery.

I sketched out a response, but decided not to send it until she got back to me with details.

I can’t wait to hear from her…where are you, Cheryle?

Got the same email from Cheryle Garland too. She gave me an address that was legit. In fact it was pretty close to my home. Strange part about it was that she emailed just the address after sending the same verbage that ya’ll described above.

What is the benefit of this on her side?

Cheryle Garland contacted me two weeks ago as well. Hearing impaired with an address of an actual home here in El Paso for sale.

Searching my email, I got one from Cheryle on 9/29 and never replied. 1st ever lead from Inspectorseek, so I figured it must be fake. Turns out I was right.