New Introduction

I am re-posting this here in case this is the more appropriate place since I am an inspector in Texas.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Brandon Feltner. I have recently discovered InterNACHI and Nick is allowing me to try it out.

I am 35 and have spent my last 20 years working in & running a stone mill where we fabricated limestone for extremely high end residential. I left the business last year to look after our new born and mother in law after some health problems. Knowing I would eventually need to work I started searching for a new career path that I would enjoy, fit my style/experiences & offer some flexibility for the occasional caretaking needs. I found the inspection industry could fit the bill.

I met TREC’s education requirements & passed the state exam last November for a Professional Inspectors license. I have since set up my company, Ranger Home Inspection, PLLC & dove in with both feet on March 5th. MIL had a relapse, so after 2 weeks of getting that situated, I am back at it. I am excited, anxious, nervous and humbled.
InterNACHI appears to be a tremendous resources as well as you members!
I have completed around 20 free/practice inspections before licensing. Since licensing, 8 free, 6 tag along inspections with other inspectors & 1 (my first) paid inspection.

My business funding is on a tight budget & I am building as I go. (I do have 2 years of salary saved to live on that I refuse to dip into) I do have most tools, report software, etc. Business is not new to me but this industry & business are. I have been meeting agents at open houses, handing out cards, follow up emails, visiting every office I can find, continuing my education via InterNACHI & keep on hustling…

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! As always, advice & criticism are welcome. It will be used to grow, both personally & professionally.

Sincerely
Brandon Feltner

Welcome to the business! Ask away. InterNachi has always been a great source of help whether it’s the classes or other inspectors. You should consider going the InterNACHI/TPREIA conference in Sept in Bryan. It’s a great place for getting your CE’s along with meeting many of us around the state.

Welcome to the club.

Yes, I saw your other posts. Looks like you have the right attitude, and it’s very good that you have money for living expenses set aside.

God bless you for bringing your MIL into your home. We moved my parents in with us back in 2010, and the sacrifices my wife made in helping me care for them in their final years put me in absolute awe of her.

Best of luck!

Thank y’all very much!
I do have many questions that come up every day. Usually I can find an answer by searching this forum or the web but will definitely ask when I can’t.
I would love to attend the conference! Thanks for letting me know about it.