Passed my Exam!

I passed my exam today and the figurative weight on my shoulder was lifted. It was in the tons.

I’m trying to schedule my fingerprinting but seems as though TREC made an oopsie and put in my birthday incorrectly. Trying to get a hold of them now.

So just need to do fingerprinting, then E&O (any recommendations?) and its off to the races.

So starting out what is a more viable approach? Should I work with an established company first for maybe 6months to a year to get a better know-how of the business or try starting my own. Whats worked for you guys, thanks.

Adam

Hey Adam,

Congrats on passing the test!I actually passed mine recently too, it certainly wasn’t an easy test. I’m in the same boat as you in regards to starting up my own company or working for someone else. I decided to do some shopping and see what the various companies are willing to pay me and comparing it to the pros/cons of starting up for myself. Reach out to me if you’d like to talk some more! I’ll be following this thread to listen to the more experienced inspectors.

Congrats!

Sad the newbies do not put in a email , Or a phone number so they can receive much more information .

4 Years ago I set in a meeting in Houston where one of the members of the Texas Home Inspector Advisory Committee was talking.

When asked why TREC had dropped their own state test and gone to the NHIE and one of the 3 reasons he indicated was that too many Texas Inspectors failed their own test and they had been assured there would be a higher PASS rate using the NHIE and also if an inspector moved to another state IF he had passed the NHIE, there would be RECIPROCITY with other licensed states.

Interesting Concepts

If you look at the Agency Staff reports (Required Reports | TREC) the license test pass rate has not moved much at all from approximately 50% as it has been for many, many years past.

Mannie …

Exactly … BS from ASHI to get the switch.

PLUS because the licensed states requirements are so drastically different almost none of them reciprocate with each other (only 3-4 I’ve heard about).

Why is that sad? What are you offering?