Texas Inspectors Need To Weigh In

Jim Hime, Paul Roebuck, myself and 30 other Texas inspectors showed up in Austin at the Inspectors Advisory Council last Friday. The IAC approved several rules (to be sent to the Commission) which appear to be over regulation. Micromanagement of the industry. Of most interest to me was that the legal department gained their second encroachment into the sanctity of Texas inspection reports with the sanction of the IAC based on bogus complaints which has to be ‘open records’ just for me to be able to say that. Some say that it is ok and it is needful. Any incursion into my ability to formally communicate with my client is unwarranted and is to the deteriment of the Texas consumer.
TEXAS INSPECTORS NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AND GET INVOLVED OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELVES AT THE BOTTOM OF A TALL CLIFF.

We are on the edge of the cliff. Get off your butt and show up in Austin. You are needed. Watch TPREIA announcements on meetings.

With two TPREIA and Internachi being the largest Inspectors Group in the State of Texas, all inspectors should be involved to protect and shape our industry. Internachi members or very important to this action as well as to TPREIA members. Together we are making a difference in Texas! Many important topics are on the agenda and on the horizon for Texas Inspectors. Please watch for our newsletters and blogs to stay informed on items that will affect your business.

This meeting was my first, I have only been in the business 5 yrs and thought what can I do that all the seasoned inspectors can’t. I found out BEING THERE IS IMPORTANT. I now plan on being at as many as possible and bringing my 18 yr old granddaughter(possibly the youngest apprentice in the state) because the will someday be one of the seasoned inspectors and needs to know how to fight the good fight. I urge everyone to attend and join TPREIA, get to know your fellow inspectors and help make a difference in the industry