Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Texas/TPREIA Home Inspectors This is a place for Texas InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Texas home inspection topics. Become a home inspector in Texas

Old 7/12/18, 4:59 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default TREC contradiction?

This topic is scheduled for the next TREC inspector advisory committee. Open the PDF to discover the conflict.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Logo.pdf (213.2 KB, 28 views)
Need a home inspection in Kentucky? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Kentucky certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/13/18, 8:54 AM
Retired Member

Default Re: TREC contradiction?

So ... A question to ponder and float to TREC Legal would be:

"When was the change made to the current TREC Template and why were we not informed of the change?"

Also:

"How can TREC just arbitrarily change the template without proper presentation, discussion, comment time and a published date of the new template being required?"

Of course those are all rhetorical questions so I guess it is a mute point!!

Another, less than transparent move by TREC Legal that gives them opportunity to levy more fines.

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
www.NolansInspections.com
Old 7/13/18, 9:08 AM
Community Guest

The form date is 2015. The form approved by the Commisioners in the 2015 package does not have the logo. Minutes and package are on the internet.

Everyone should write Sunset and ask for reduced regulation. Let inspectors use their choice of Standard of trade association (Internachi), defer most enforcement to civil courts, drastically reduce micromanaged the ducation. Times are changing for real estate sales and inspectors need to be free to innovate to meet client needs with out excessive regulatory oversight.
Old 7/17/18, 9:23 AM
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahill View Post
This topic is scheduled for the next TREC inspector advisory committee. Open the PDF to discover the conflict.

John,

Have you heard anything about what might have been said and possibly put into motion at the meeting yesterday?

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/17/18, 10:01 AM
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkienitz View Post
John,

Have you heard anything about what might have been said and possibly put into motion at the meeting yesterday?

I found the Agenda Item #11 at the 1:39:55 point in the video of the meeting.

What a basic circus those meetings are.

The TREC logo on the report template was done about a year ago and they (TREC) did not follow their own procedure of submitting the proposed changes to the committees for review and discussions, etc., etc.. BUT ... do you think anyone from TREC took responsbility?

Here is the URL for the video of the meeting.

YouTube

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/18/18, 9:04 AM
Retired Member

I've listened (yet again) to the audio from the TREC meeting and they will be supplying language to the Commission for consideration to allow the inspector (that is us) the option of using or removing the TREC-branded logo they they (TREC) arbitrarily put in the template about a year ago as part of their "branding".

So ... "technically" every report that we are currently producing is in violation of the TREC Rules unless that TREC-branded logo is not present in our report forms.

Until such time as the process evolves, gets approved and put into effect ... we are producing reports that can be used in submitting fines against each of us.

Just food for thought folks ....

It is way past time to get away from TREC ...

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/18/18, 5:43 PM
Retired Member

UPDATE:

I had a lengthy conversation with TREC Legal this afternoon (Wednesday - 07/18/1 about the TREC-Branding Logo that is now on the "official" TREC 7-5 Template from TREC's website.

Verbiage is "in process" to be presented to the TREC Commission this fall about making the logo an "optional" choice by the inspector. It will have to go through the TREC process of presentation, review, etc., etc. and (possibly) final approval.

Nobody has seen the verbiage that will be presented to the Commission, but hopefully it will be somewhat simplistic. (I won't hold my breath).

The TREC Legal staff in charge of enforcement said that not having the TREC Branding Logo is a 'low priority' ... FOR NOW!! Take the time to listen to the meeting audio/video.

So ... at the present time ... we are "required" to have the TREC Branding Logo on our reports and if we don't we can be subject to fines from TREC ... albeit ... it is a "low priority" ... HAH !! It is revenue in TREC's checkbook when the fine us for "anything".

I strongly suggest that y'all do what you think is right for your business.

FWIW ... I"ve now put the "official" TREC Branding Logo in my inspection report template and am hopeful that I can remove it later this year, but I'm not taking any chances with these people.

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/18/18, 7:30 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

now that all the logo masturbation has commenced
the only ? is what size pixel/font dimension is acceptable
inquiring minds want to know
how does any of this better protect & serve the public

badair

ADAIR INSPECTION
972-487-5634

Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS/Stucco-Infrared Thermography
TREC # 4563
EDI: EIFS-MA TX # 39

National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors & Thermographers™ Member ID 12011-14TX

life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good
Old 7/18/18, 7:53 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

So does TREC consider me to be their serf/flunky to spend my time to incorporate THEIR logo into MY report template so that I can be an unpaid advertiser for the bureaucracy that I am forced to fund? I want to hear the argument that their spending of my time and resources in this manner is for the benefit of the public and in some way protects the public from unscrupulous or incompetent home inspectors. It's silly assed, bureaucratic vanity at the expense of home inspectors.

This is the kind of crap that should get them sunset.

Chuck Evans (TREC #7657)
Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer (#8402)
HomeCert Houston Home Inspections & Thermal Inspections Find us on Facebook
The Woodlands Home Inspection

Houston, TX

SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.
Old 7/18/18, 8:22 PM
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badair View Post
now that all the logo masturbation has commenced
the only ? is what size pixel/font dimension is acceptable
inquiring minds want to know
how does any of this better protect & serve the public

Barry,

I've attached the official logo from TREC. You would have to resize it to fit your reports Title Page space, but it has to be in the location noted on the PDF posted at the TREC site.

All in all ... I'm hopeful it will become a mute point, but not until it all gets presented to the Commission at their fall meeting. Sucks that something caused by TREC is now being pushed through the approved process as they (TREC) didn't follow the process to begin with.
Attached Thumbnails
TREC contradiction?-trec_logo-direct-jpg  

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/18/18, 8:25 PM
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
So does TREC consider me to be their serf/flunky to spend my time to incorporate THEIR logo into MY report template so that I can be an unpaid advertiser for the bureaucracy that I am forced to fund? I want to hear the argument that their spending of my time and resources in this manner is for the benefit of the public and in some way protects the public from unscrupulous or incompetent home inspectors. It's silly assed, bureaucratic vanity at the expense of home inspectors.

This is the kind of crap that should get them sunset.

Chuck,

Why, of course ... we are at their beck and call and if we violate their rules (even the mistakes they cause themselves) we can possibly be fined for such.

I seriously doubt it will happen, but I'm just anally retentive about following the rules as best I can.

Cheers,

Nolan E. Kienitz
TREC # 7095
Nolan's Inspections
Old 7/18/18, 9:00 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

I think that TREC may a fugitive organization from some northeastern state. They seem very unTexas like to me.

Chuck Evans (TREC #7657)
Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer (#8402)
HomeCert Houston Home Inspections & Thermal Inspections Find us on Facebook
The Woodlands Home Inspection

Houston, TX

SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.