Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Local Inspection Issues > Florida Home Inspectors

Notices

Florida Home Inspectors This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida home inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections. Become a home inspector in Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6/22/15, 1:47 PM
Active Poster

Default Bullet-Proof your Inspection Contract at Jacksonville Chapter on July 18, 2015.

http://fl.nachi.org/jacksonville/event1165.html
Old 6/22/15, 2:09 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: Bullet-Proof your Inspection Contract at Jacksonville Chapter on July 18, 2015.

Quote:
For instance, did you know that:
Florida law requires home inspectors to have their clients review and approve the home inspection contract a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the appointment?
Can anybody tell me where this is in Florida Law? Too far for me to go the meeting to find out.

All I can find is a disclosure requirement for scope and copy of license to be presented "prior to" commencing the inspection. I didn't know an agreement was even required, except by E&O insurance policies.

Quote:
468.8321 Disclosures.—Prior to contracting for or commencing a home inspection, a home inspector shall provide to the consumer a copy of his or her license to practice home inspection services in this state and a written disclosure that contains the scope and any exclusions of the home inspection.

Brad K Toye
ITC/FLIR Level I Building Investigation Thermographer
FL Certified Building Contractor CBC034303
FL Certified Home Inspector HI 391
FL Certified Mold Assessor MRSA 589

727-403-5029
Lecsi2@gmail.com
www.LeadingEdgeInspectionServices.com