Business and license questions

I am a fairly new inspector, I have 2 questions concerning the business end of things. . 1. I completed the wind mitigation course here on InterNachi about 8 months ago but when I log on to the Department of Business and Professional Regulations page it says I have not complete it. Do I need to do this every year? Is there something else I need to do to do wind mitigations?
2. I was told I need to report something or fill out something at the beginning of the year to keep my license or LLC up to date. Does Anyone know anything about that?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You should have recivied this email from the state for your LLC.

Your 2017 Annual Report is now due. Annual reports for all corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and limited liability limited partnerships are due each year between January 1st and May 1st. An annual report is a required report that is used to update or confirm the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations’ records. It is not a financial statement.

An annual report must be filed each year for your business entity to maintain an active status with the Department of State, and is required regardless of whether you need to make changes or not. All annual reports must be filed online at www.sunbiz.org.

Click on Annual Report under Filing Services to complete your filing. Data displayed on the online annual report form is the most current data on file with this division. Please review your data carefully and make changes where necessary. Filing instructions are available on the website, and you may pay by credit card, check or through a prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.

Remember to file on or before May 1st. It is easy, quick and secure! A $400 non-negotiable late fee will be imposed on any profit corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership and limited liability limited partnership annual report filed after midnight Eastern Standard Time on May 1st. Non-profit corporations are not subject to the $400 late fee. Any business entity which fails to file its annual report by the third Friday of September will be administratively dissolved or revoked in our records on the fourth Friday in September.

Administratively dissolved or revoked entities may be reinstated by submitting a reinstatement application and paying all associated fees, which include the reinstatement fee and annual report fees due, at the time of submission.

Sunbiz.org remains the only official website of the Department of State, Division of Corporations. You will know you are in the right place when you see our official Sunbiz.org logo and header identifying the website as an official State of Florida website.

File Early, Florida!

I had some difficulty with my CE being applied to my state license last year. It ended up being a clerical mistake, my state of business was listed as another state. A quick email to Nachi had everything sorted out in a day or two. Not sure if that’s related to your issue, but it’s a place to start.

The wind mitigation class you took 8 months ago was applied to the previous licensing cycle. You will need to take the class again for it to be applied to the current cycle.

Thank you everyone for your guidance. I know what I need to do now. Thank you.