Double Tap or Not?

Ran across this today. Would you consider it a double tap even thought the connection point is via a twist wire connector and not in the breaker itself?

Nope.
Double taps are all about the actual connection point, not necessarily that there are multiple circuits feeding off a single breaker.

That is actually an accepted way to correct a double tapped breaker.

Zackly…:slight_smile:

3M wire connector that is rated for use with that size conductor. It really is a moot point as the panel board has been compromised for the listed/rated use and is therefore a replacement…

Huh?? Replacement of what??

Brad, the panel board has been compromised can’t you tell?

Four things stick out with this panel board, one is a violation of the listed/rated use and the other is a direct violation of the National Electrical Code. The third is a possible connection issue, and the forth is also a direct violation of the NEC. Eric Van De Veen has a pretty good write-up on his website about the first issue, the second issue is pretty common and a fire hazard, and the third is just a possibility that should be evaluated…the fourth is a simple fix.

I think this thread has been compromised…:cool:

Explain !

You got all of that from this photo?

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f73/98849d1439350336t-double-tap-not-dscf0036.jpg
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

Seems to be a habit of his…
How to determine the age of the electric panel - Florida and SUNachi Inspectors - InterNACHI®️ Forum

But its “compromised”

Can’t you fellas see that? :wink:

Please enumerate the specific issues and provide the manufacturer and NEC references. I’ll make it easy for you:

1. Violation of listed/rated use - show the manufacturer’s label and describe the violation
  2. the other is a direct violation of the National Electrical Code - describe the violation and provide the relevant NEC citation
  3. Possible connection issue - describe what connection is at issue and how you deduce this
  4. forth(sic) is also a direct violation of the NEC - Identify the forth defect, describe the violation and provide the applicable NEC citation

I and many others are greatly interested in advancing our knowledge and wish to learn these things from you.

It has been my experience over 31 years of construction that people seldom, if ever, actually learn anything when you just give them the answer. That being said, let’s see if we can maybe guide you along…

1. This one is so simple it’s painful, clue: what is and isn’t allowed to be located at the interior of electrical equipment? You could always go to Eric’s website and see for yourself…

2.Pay close attention to how the panel is mounted, and think “combustible material”…while tolerances are allowed, this panel board has far exceeded it.

1. “Possible”: yet most likely not…what causes white wires to turn yellow?

2. Keep looking…if it was a snake it would bite you.

Robert I would like to know what you see also.

Robert, (if that is your real name), while you’re at it, how about bringing us up to speed with your credentials… or… are you simply just another Nucking Fut-job troll?

LOL…this did give me a chuckle.

Jeff, read post #10 about inspections starting at $1200. One would think he could afford the $50 month for a membership. I think he is full of crap myself.

WOW!

https://youtu.be/BgMD66_yBu0

Seems like a good time for InterNACHI to purge a non-member or two! An unsuspecting newbie, and in turn the general public, could be harmed from the BAD information!