Dryer Vents

A vent that exhausts moist air to the home’s exterior has a number of requirements:

1. It should be connected.
  2. It should not be restricted. Dryer vents are often made from flexible plastic or metal duct, which may be easily kinked or crushed where they exit the dryer and enter the wall or floor.
  3. One of the reasons that restrictions are a potential fire hazard is that, along with water vapor evaporated out of wet clothes, the exhaust stream carries lint . Lint can accumulate in an exhaust duct, reducing the dryer’s ability to expel heated water vapor, which then accumulates as heat energy within the machine. As the dryer overheats, mechanical failures can trigger sparks, which can cause lint trapped in the dryer vent to burst into flames.

Fires caused by dryers are far more common than are generally believed, a fact that can be appreciated upon reviewing statistics from the National Fire Protection Agency.

Flexible, ribbed vents used in the past should no longer be used. They should be noted as a potential fire hazard if observed during an inspection.
. Dryer vent duct should also be as straight as possible and cannot be longer than 25 feet. Any 90-degree turns in the vent reduce this 25-foot number by 5 feet, since these turns restrict airflow.

Gee thanks for sharing…WTF ? Is this some course thing. I am just busting your balls because I have no idea why you posted this. Do not take it personally.

Based on your previous posts I think you posted this in the wrong area? Good luck. What areas will you be working in?

Results for NACHI05032494 Name:Ivan A. Forero, License # HI425Contact:E-Mail Ivan A. Forero, License # HI425InterNACHI ID:NACHI05032494City: Coral SpringsState/Province: FLCountryUSCertification Status: Member in Good Standing, through March 23rd, 2017Honor Guarantee: $10,000 Honor Guarantee](InterNACHI's $25,000 Honor Guarantee), backed by InterNACHI: **Covered.**The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, Inc. is a non-profit organization helping home inspectors maintain inspection excellence. For more information about InterNACHI, visit www.nachi.org.