Email Marketing to Insurance Agents

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone does email marketing to insurance agents and how you go about it? I have collected over a hundred emails for insurance agents and send out a blast probably twice a year, offering slightly discounted rates. I want to be able to remind them I am still around but without having to lower my prices for a week or two. What do you guys put in the emails that can offer value to insurance agents? Without just saying IM HERE USE ME PLZ.

Fast returns on the inspections. They like them back fast. Also make sure they are correct and detailed. Price doesnt matter that much to most.

Well yeah I always mention that I am a 1 man operation, take all phone calls do all reports, take all pics and have a 24 hour turnaround time or less, also a money back guarantee on wind mitigation. Emailing them just to repeat that would probably just annoy them

Send them referrals. That always helps.

"also a money back guarantee on wind mitigation"

Whats that about?

I tell clients and agents if I don’t save them any money on their wind mitigation, I refund their fee. Never had to refund one because I just speak with people on the phone and ask them if they have had a new roof, hip roof, age of home. If they have bad answers for all of them, I don’t even make an appt.

You may want to reconsider that. That was the big inducement here and has resulted in alot of problems for agents and homeowners.

The older inspections are different in substantial ways that may relate to lost credits. There is also a great deal of inaccurate older wind mits.

I guarentee all my wind mit…I guarentee that they are accurate and that I will make every reasonable effort to confirm any rating that they are entitled to. I guarntee that if the inspection is rejected for any fualt of mine, I will issue another corrected wind mitigation at no charge. I guarentee that I will supply any additional documentation requested and assist in any difficulties related to reinspection.

I do not guarntee what the results will be.

What do the older wind mits have to do with me guaranteeing future wind mit discounts? So long as the discounts are still being required by the state, and if I know someone has those features. I feel like I can comfortably guarantee they will get a discount, so long as they have never had a wind mitigation inspection before, and are not already receiving credits for items. (with or without their own knowledge)

“So long as they never had wind mitigation before”, your golden! :slight_smile:

You wanted to no about marketing to agents. Every market is different. If you guarnetee savings in my area, the agents are likely to avoid you like the plague.

Just my 2 cents.

I forgot, everyone and their mother knows about wind mitigation in your area. Around here, I meet people every day who have never heard of it.

That sounds like Happy Hunting Grounds. Enjoy!!!

I agree that you may want to re-think the “Money Back Guarantee” marketing aspect. One of the biggest complaints that insurance companies have had in the past few years is inspection companies using this marketing gimmick and the insurance companies very vocal feeilings that it leads to, or goes hand ‘n’ hand with less than accurate inspection results. Apparently, insurance companies have had problems with inspections by inspection companies offering this in the past and now they look very carefully at anyone who offers it. My guess would be that as individual insurance companies find out about the money back guarantee, one will likely find that their inspections are being flagged for re-inspection.

Hmm, good point. I will definitely consider it. My experience has been that most insurance agents in this area are still looking for and appreciate the money back guarantee. Some even specifically ask me if I have it. If I hear any scuttlebutt about that point you brought up though, I will quit advertising it.

But really this thread was created for another purpose, can anyone help me out with my original question please. “I was wondering if anyone does email marketing to insurance agents and how you go about it? I have collected over a hundred emails for insurance agents and send out a blast probably twice a year, offering slightly discounted rates. I want to be able to remind them I am still around but without having to lower my prices for a week or two. What do you guys put in the emails that can offer value to insurance agents? Without just saying IM HERE USE ME PLZ.”

I use mailchimp for mail blasts, can correlate to google analytics and facebook well… although I am your competition Kevin, so this one’s on the house…next one will cost you :wink:

So, if I understand, you just blow off the customers who have older, gable roof frame houses with old roof coverings and no glazed opg prot.

Can you afford to turn away work? What if the UMVI was part of a HI? Would you still not offer it?

How about upselling with a RCF-1?

There are several ways to wring juice out of Indian River citrus.

So, if I understand, you just blow off the customers who have older, gable roof frame houses with old roof coverings and no glazed opg prot.

Can you afford to turn away work? What if the UMVI was part of a HI? Would you still not offer it?

How about upselling with a RCF-1?

There are several ways to wring juice out of Indian River citrus.
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

So a roof cert is an up sell from a wind mit? Why would anyone need to sell an insurance inspection? Either they need it or they don’t, it will help or it will not. The requirements for the two and the need for them are two separate issues.

Back to topic,

I do not do any email marketing. If you want to have anyone recommend you, you should develop a personal and professional relationship with them. If they know you already, email maybe effective to remind them you are there and willing to help.

I would visit their offices. The big issue is they sometimes will just toss your info(cards) when you leave. There must be some way that they remember you the day that they need you.
Small items, like candy does work if it is thoughtful. Crappy stuff does not. You want to wow them, so the day when their regular guy is not there they remember you, or they add you to their list when they reprint it.

The first few times that you do anything for them you better be 110% or they will not use you again.

The accuracy issue cannot be understated. Guarenteed savings may sound great to the homeowner, but the agents want accuracy.

Heh, thanks im using IContact.