Florida General Contractor Exam Books

If anyone has recently taken the Florida Certified General Contractors Exam and wants to sell the reference books and material, I am in the market. I am looking to upgrade my license status and prefer not to spend the $1000 on new books. The books need to be the correct edition. Post a reply or PM

Thanks in advance

Hi Dennis,

I have ALL the books necessary including ALL the 2007 (newest code) FBC books that are in mint condition and pre-tabbed for reference and study guide. I also have the DVD/CD program that I purchased that were instrumental in my passing BOTH days of exams on the first try! Email me at tkortec21@aol.com or call me at 239-896-3986 if you’re interested. I took the test last year when it was the first time offered covering the newest codes.

Tom

Tom,
I sent you an email, thanks for responding.

Dennis you may want to check with DBPR and get there latest exam book checklist as they are constantly being updated. For example there were 1100 pages of supplements to the FBC 2007 that were issued in December 2009

Thanks for the info.

Dennis,

You can try craigs list as well. I picked up a full set, all tabbed and highlighted for 250. Much of the updates from '09 edition are covered in your study program. Many items on the **test **from '07 edition books, are left out of the '09 books. You really can use both.

It is your test prep/Study program that is so critical.

I can offer you a bunch of advice. Passed all three test 1 st go arround, with high 80s-low 90’s. Feel free to call me.

I too am looking to purchase FL General contractor material. If you have the most recent literature please contact me.

Thanks,
James

Feel free to call me (772) 539-2909 - I have the 2007 edition books plus study prep CD’s. Not sure where your starting point is (education wise), but I was able to pass the GC test after 4 hard days of studying using these CD’s.

Dennis

Just got mine on Craigslist!!!

this post is 4 years old.

James posted today that he was looking for books… The original post was from 4 years ago when I was looking…

I have to really wonder how people that have not likely ever even built a dog house without the roof leaking seem to want a contractors’s license…

So they can all of a sudden be a ‘Conspector’?

Really. What is the point? If you have serious skills, then build.

There is more money in contracting than inspecting.

Not sure who this comment is directed at, or why…???, Not all contractor/inspectors are Conspectors. There is money to be made in both!

Does anyone have a used tabbed set of general contractors books they would be willing to sell?

All the books you would need to study and take the Florida General Contractor test. Used but in mint condition. Even includes some practice test for accounting. Important information for the test has been highlighted for you in the books to help you out. great deal buying them all together. More expensive to purchase books individually. List of books: Energy Efficient building Construction in Florida, Application and finishing of Gypsum panel production, Florida Building Code 2010 building, Florida Building Code 2010 Residential, Florida Building Code Energy Conservation, Florida Building Code 2010 Accessibility, Florida Building Code 2010 Existing Building, Florida FCM Contractors Manual, Placing reinforcing bars, walker’s Building Estimator’s reference book, Builders Guide to Accounting, Principles and practices of commercial Construction, BCSI- Building Component Safety Information, and Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures

All the books you would need to study and take the Florida General Contractor test. Used but in mint condition. Even includes some practice test for accounting. Important information for the test has been highlighted for you in the books to help you out. great deal buying them all together. More expensive to purchase books individually. List of books: Energy Efficient building Construction in Florida, Application and finishing of Gypsum panel production, Florida Building Code 2010 building, Florida Building Code 2010 Residential, Florida Building Code Energy Conservation, Florida Building Code 2010 Accessibility, Florida Building Code 2010 Existing Building, Florida FCM Contractors Manual, Placing reinforcing bars, walker’s Building Estimator’s reference book, Builders Guide to Accounting, Principles and practices of commercial Construction, BCSI- Building Component Safety Information, and Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures

1 Like

Hi Anna, I’m looking for those books. Do you still have them? I’m actually living in Italy so I would also pay the shipping.
Thank you in advance (-: