Gotta Love those clerks at the Underwriters

Had an agent call regarding a Roof Condition Certification Report - The underwriter is ready to cancel one of his risks.

It seems that they have a Wind Mitigation from 8/2009 stating the roof installation date is 2001. They also have a Roof Condition Certification (different inspector) dated 12/2010 stating a roof replacement date of 2002. The reports are in conflict and the reports are null and void.

No receipts or permits for the job (it is a roof-over by the way).

Can anyone tell me where the roofer puts the date stamp so that the issue can be settled once and for all?

I can do you one better. I did an inspection included a picture of the contract for the roof. I included a picture of the roofing permit. They want a actually physical copy of the permit.

I now need a couple of things; copier/scanner for the truck and and tombstone company to start replicating permits because at this rate all permits will need to be in stone by the end of the year.

Oh, and I need some of those DNA sampling kits to get DNA samples from all the people that go near, or work on the roof to be included with the passport photos, thumb prints and copies of ID.

:twisted:

Don’t forget “Carbon Dating”, John!!! :mrgreen:

Tell the insurance people to pound sand when they do asinine things like that or it only progresses.

MAN UP PEOPLE.

The roof certification is a best guess or estimated date. At least thats what I always put before my dates.

How does “manning up” in such a manner affect your client? You know that homeowner, the guy who paid you in good faith to conduct the inspection. I know that this crap is wrong and the insurance companies lack an ability to be reasoned with but, that doesn’t mean we should conduct ourselves in any less proffessional a manner.

If in fact the date of installation of a roof cannot be verified then the form shouldn’t be filled out indicating it was. I think that the OIR ought to tell the insurance companies what is acceptable and not leave it up to them. A notice of commencement and the inspectors experienced eyeball should be sufficient. Hardly any of the homes in our area were finalled after roof replacement following the 2004 hurricane season. Does that mean those roofs shouldn’t qualify for discount? Right now it depends on who you ask.

[quote=“bhoagland, post:6, topic:63401”]

How does “manning up” in such a manner affect your client? I think that the OIR ought to tell the insurance companies what is acceptable and not leave it up to them. QUOTE]

When you take crap from the idiots at the insurance companies everyone gets hurt. The clients and the inspector. I would advise the clients to contact the OIR and complain. I would also tell them to immediately contact their insurance company and let them know they will be filing an immediate complaint with the OIR.

I completely agree with “I think that the OIR ought to tell the insurance companies what is acceptable and not leave it up to them.”

It seems to me that the OIR does not follow their mission statement and that they do not look out for the clients but do look out for the insurance companies.

OIR MISSION STATEMENT:

To ensure that insurance companies licensed to do business in Florida are financially viable, operating within the laws and regulations governing the insurance industry; and offering insurance policy products at fair and adequate rates which do not unfairly discriminate against the buying public.

http://www.floir.com/Office/MissionStatement.aspx

John, you forgot to submit the soc sec cards (forged, stolen or otherwise obtained) for e verify.