Help needed How many inspections you do per week?

Hello Florida inspectors

I need help to know more information about the home inspection carrer as i’m new to this field.

Kindly tell me how many inspections should i expect per week or by month.

I know it depend on the marketing and it take time to build it but i need an estimate.

There is no useful answer to the question you pose. You should expect zero inspections until you have proven yourself to those that will refer you work.

There are single man operations that do a couple of residential inspections a week combined with a dozen insurance inspections — and there are those that do 5-10 residential a week that are humping it. Then there is the team approach that might do 5 per day. Fees for inspections are also all across the board depending on demographics and size. A Palm Beach mansion might fetch $2000, while a 1500 sq ft home might only be $275.00.

What you should really be asking yourself is what can you bring to the industry, and how much work will it bring you.

• Are you knowledgeable in the field of construction/inspection?
  • Do you have writing skills (might be room for improvement)?
  • Are you good at marketing?
  • Do you have people skills?

These are just some of the characteristics that are needed to succeed.

as many as I can get!

Did you not do any research before picking home inspections as a career? Do you have a business plan? What is your background?

There is no crystal ball to answer your question. You will only be as good as your last inspection to a realtor.

It takes 3 years to get established in this business. Lots of hard work and marketing. You will make if it what you will. It will not be handed to you

Bill pretty much sums it up, You need a strong business plan, marketing plan, and you only going to get out of it, what you put into it. Meeting with different realtors and insurance agents (since you are in Florida) and try to build up your book of business. It takes alot of patience, no realtor or insurance agent is going to use you if you only walk into there office once, Only one did for me.

You will get discourage, but this is normal,

Just remember don’t give up

Good Luck,

I would not want more than 3. I do plan review about 10 hours a week and I do 203K and Homestyle write ups that pay well.

For me 3 but 2 is good in the spring, summer and fall when I go sailing.

More if the 203K work slows down but never more than 5.

The question was directed to Florida inspectors Paul.
Cap the bottle and get some rest.

Oh I am so sorry Linus.:roll:

Not a valid or discernible question for an answer, sorry.
Can’t cap the bottle, it’s a cheapo beer can.

It also depends on your business plan, if you even have one. Are you going to be doing mostly insurance inspectons or are you focusing on home inspections (with insurance added in). Once you have an idea of what you will be doing you need to sit down and do some math. How many inspections of each kind do you need to meet your financial goal. And tht will be dependent on the price you are going to charge. Once you have tht number then you need to figuure out how you are going to attain that goal. Asking what you can expect is a ridiculous question. No one is going to hand you inspections. You have to go out and get them. I get the feeling by your post that you are of the younger generation that expects and wants instant grafitication. It doesnt work that way in this business.

It also depends on your business plan, if you even have one. Are you going to be doing mostly insurance inspectons or are you focusing on home inspections (with insurance added in). Once you have an idea of what you will be doing you need to sit down and do some math. How many inspections of each kind do you need to meet your financial goal. And tht will be dependent on the price you are going to charge. Once you have tht number then you need to figuure out how you are going to attain that goal. Asking what you can expect is a ridiculous question. No one is going to hand you inspections. You have to go out and get them. I get the feeling by your post that you are of the younger generation that expects and wants instant grafitication. It doesnt work that way in this business.

Some here have given you some direction, but if you would like to talk feel free to call me. My cell is 321sixtwosix8153.

Good luck

Awesome…

Thank you all for your response.

I do have a marketing plan for the business and i know it will be very slow in the beginning but i do have the patience to build it.

i just needed some advice from professionals like all of you in the Home inspection field.
like what should i expect in the beginning?
what is the best way to market my business?
is it a stable career or i need to have other job on the side?

John, with all respect, why do you want everyone to call you? Are you not willing to discuss things on a public forum? Seriously

I know you are joking there Brother, but I will be happy to post why I do not answer all questions publicly, because of trolls, haters and wannabes. There are persons here that will just make comments to start an argument, others hate you no matter what you do, and others that know better(and some do) while insisting you are selling your soul or lying.

And yes I am working on my Black belt in JKD.

But you knew all that already, so I hope someone else finds it useful.

Thanks for the Bruce Lee.

Anytime

Here is a Bruce Lee quote that applies to the message board.

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”
Bruce Lee