NACHI should be involved/help reform this

How can we get in this dialogue, in an effort to help them get it right

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/07/2990645/citizens-approves-new-reinspection.html

Mmmm
5 out of 10 Homeowners prefer “Blue Tarp FEMA Roofs”…
:slight_smile:

Seriously…
You are in Miami…
the initiative begins with you…

I stepped into Licensing efforts in New Jersey, State of PA and City of Reading PA…
I have been (with aid of others) successful to date…

No one is going to take the charge for you…
If you find it wrong…
and want it corrected…
step up and get the job done…

Worth Repeating. And rings true in everything we do… personal and professional.

Election Season Nick…use your social media to voice your displeasure. volunteer to help a florida Senate or Rep’s campaign. Might not be much but it’s all we have. Till Scott is impeached we are stuck. There are other issues as well it’s not all national. People are focused on the national races and not the issues that are closed to home. The pressure is on but unless we get more consumer orientated politicians elected we have to take it in the a**

I was in Tally 8/2010 for the Mit 1802 public hearing and spoke of the issues regarding the reinspection program (Zoe was there, we were the only NACHI members). I was involved regarding the revision of the 1802. The only voices heard are those with some inside power. i have worked in the public sector for over 23 yrs, from being in the field to administration. I have met with the superintendent of the fourth largest school district on several one on one meetings at 6 am. I have represented union members as a steward for 9 yrs. Endless committees, charity fund raisers etc…

It has become clear that no one person can make a difference when your issues effect an industry. We are just a flees that will get scratched off and if you bite hard enough, well…

Thank you for those words of advice, but I do not believe they apply in this case. Only the Governor’s office can get you in the door. I don’t have anyone to get me into his office. I was reaching out, maybe the organization or a member can get in the Gonernor’s office.

Applicable when you ask the right questions …
You will be surprised by the answer…

We fix re-inspection problems daily. Most of the time it just takes us explaining why they lost discounts. Looking over the re-inspection, we can see it appears accurate. The problems start when the re-inspection are’disceptively mute’.

When we spot an inaccuracy, it only cost the home owner the cost of a wind mitigation to ‘correct’ the problem.

The above is all you need to know.

I think Citizens should of lent this money to the consumers to comply with the 1802. I know I could use a low interest loan to replace my roof. on another note has anyone noticed the price of getting a new roof lately? I have many clients looking for roofers and they are so backed up they are raising their rates and still it’s taking months to get them installed.