Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Florida Home Inspectors This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida home inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections. Become a home inspector in Florida

Old 1/15/19, 11:00 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Send a message via Yahoo to jfunderburk
Default Re: Missing main panel legend

Various circuits within the main panel are not labeled, were mis-identified, or the labels were illegible or non-specific. They should be properly labeled for safety reasons, and so that the appropriate load calculations and breaker sizes can be determined. Once identified, a licensed contractor, electrician, or competent person should ensure the following: 1) that there are at least two 20-amp circuits for the kitchen countertop; 2) the presence of at least one 20-amp circuit for the bathroom(s); 3) the presence of a 20 amp circuit for the laundry area; 4) ensure the breaker for the HVAC system is appropriately sized.

“The things that will destroy America are peace at any price,
prosperity at any cost, safety first instead of duty first,
the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
T. Roosevelt

Joe Funderburk, CBO, CMI
Alpha & Omega Home Inspections, LLC
Inspecting Upstate SC & Charlotte Metro, NC
Angie's List Super Award Winner 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.
Ph: 704-351-1776
www.aohomeinspection.com

Need a home inspection in Louisiana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Louisiana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/16/19, 9:51 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandeven View Post
Or if using the citizens form:
The Florida-licensed inspector is required to certify the condition of the electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Acceptable
Condition means that each system is working as intended and there are no visible hazards or deficiencies.

Is breaker panel that isn't labeled a deficiency?

Then...there is this: All 4-Point inspection Forms must be completed and signed by a verifiable Florida-licensed Inspector.
I certify that the above statements are true and correct.

To each his own....

Oh, Joe, several insurance companies, including the 2 I have used for our rental property as well as our home in Palm City, sent their inspectors out..just sayin.......
We have many properties and only have had an inspector from the insurance company take pictures from the street, but I agree it can happen. Did you ever find it funny they don't ask about foundation or other structural issues and you guys are here arguing over if the panel is labeled or not?

Preston L. Halstead
VP FL Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter
Elite Property Inspection & Management
LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR CGC1515203
LICENSED BUILDING INSPECTOR BN6262
LICENSED HOME INSPECTOR HI549
561-420-0277

HOME INSPECTION ~ WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION
Serving Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, West Palm Beach.
Old 1/16/19, 10:16 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalstead View Post
We have many properties and only have had an inspector from the insurance company take pictures from the street, but I agree it can happen. Did you ever find it funny they don't ask about foundation or other structural issues and you guys are here arguing over if the panel is labeled or not?
Not funny, sad actually.
The reason for that is that most of them are not properly trained to inspect anything...much less a home.

I had one "inspector" ask me "If I found anything he should be aware of".

My answer was, shall we say, somewhat sarcastic.

Good to see you back Preston!
Old 1/21/19, 3:25 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandeven View Post

Good to see you back Preston!
I decide that because I still like to interact I would try to come back here instead of all the Facebook groups. This is public. Unfortunately the closed Facebook groups can not be seen by the general public. If they could, one of 2 things could happen......

Preston L. Halstead
VP FL Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter
Elite Property Inspection & Management
LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR CGC1515203
LICENSED BUILDING INSPECTOR BN6262
LICENSED HOME INSPECTOR HI549
561-420-0277

HOME INSPECTION ~ WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION
Serving Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, West Palm Beach.