Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Florida Home Inspectors This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida home inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections. Become a home inspector in Florida

Old 1/31/15, 10:29 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default mock inspection requirement

Hello. I live around the Gainesville/Ocala area and just passed my Licensing Exam. Before I can begin inspecting, however, I must complete InterNACHI's 4 mock inspection requirement. I have done 2 and have no one else to ask. Would someone be so kind as to allow myself and my partner/husband (P.E.) to go along on an inspection or two so that I may take some photos for my report. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance
Need a home inspection in Arkansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Arkansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/31/15, 10:45 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: mock inspection requirement

I would allow one of you at a time to ride with us anytime.

Melbourne, Fl

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flor...ceinspections/

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page

John Shishilla
State of Fl Home Inspector #21
Certified Residential Contractor CRC1330745
Mold Assessor MRSA 1544

Serving all of Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Vero, Vero Beach and surrounding areas.

Honor Construction Inspection Service
www.honorconstruction.com

321-327-2950

Old 2/1/15, 12:46 AM
Active Poster

Please Note: wsiegel is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

If you are licensed why do you need mock inspections
Old 2/1/15, 1:22 AM
Active Poster

Quote:
If you are licensed why do you need mock inspections
Submitting reports from mock inspections is an InterNACHI membership requirement for inspectors who have not performed fee-paid inspections yet.
Old 2/1/15, 8:13 AM
Active Poster

Please Note: wsiegel is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

And if they go out and perform a fee paid inspection under their license would that meet the membership requirement
Old 2/1/15, 12:33 PM
Active Poster

No. The idea is to make newbies perform a few inspections before they perform a real, fee-paid home inspection for a consumer who is relying on the inspection report.

Every home inspector has their first client. You had yours. I had mine. But at InterNACHI, we don't want your first client to also be your first inspection.

It not only puts a few inspections under the new inspector's belt (before working for a consumer), but also gives the new inspector a few no-harm-done trial runs to try out different reporting software, etc.

Last edited by gromicko; 2/1/15 at 12:37 PM..
Old 2/1/15, 3:20 PM
Active Poster

But if they have their license what is the difference. The license allowed them to inspect and collect. You can still review if you want
Old 2/1/15, 6:50 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
But if they have their license what is the difference. The license allowed them to inspect and collect.
Because InterNACHI's requirements are more strict than state licensing requirements. In fact, our requirements are above-and-beyond and in addition to whatever your state requires.
Old 2/1/15, 7:04 PM
New User

Please Note: Chuck U. Farley is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Because InterNACHI's requirements are more strict than state licensing requirements. In fact, our requirements are above-and-beyond and in addition to whatever your state requires.
Thanks Nick....
Old 2/2/15, 12:20 AM
Active Poster

So if someone gets their license and goes out and does some inspections they cannot be a NACHI member because they have not done 4 mock inspections?

And your also telling me that if they do 4 mock inspections they can now advertise that they are a certified inspector without having done one fee paid inspection?
Old 2/2/15, 12:07 PM
InterNACHI Member

Thanks John for your offer. I just might take you up on it. You are almost 3 hours one way from my house though. Is there anyone closer who would allow me and my partner to come along for an inspection and take some pics to fulfill mock requirement? This requirement is keeping me from starting and I would like to cross it off the list. Thanks so much.
Old 2/2/15, 1:07 PM
Active Poster

Jeanet,

If you have passed your exam and the 120 hour course, been finger printed, and have insurance you can get your license and now work as a home inspector. Those mock inspections are only to become NACHI 'certified'. You do not need that certification once you have your license. Certifications are nice to have and they make your web cite look pretty, but they are not necessary. I would imagine your certification would come thought having your license, as NACHI does not have other requirements other than the educational ones they throw at you. But those 'education requirements', once again, are for that certification. Nothing can stop you from inspecting once you have your license. I would, however, suggest that you do some ride alongs for the experience
Old 2/2/15, 1:37 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsiegel View Post
Jeanet,

If you have passed your exam and the 120 hour course, been finger printed, and have insurance you can get your license and now work as a home inspector. Those mock inspections are only to become NACHI 'certified'. You do not need that certification once you have your license. Certifications are nice to have and they make your web cite look pretty, but they are not necessary. I would imagine your certification would come thought having your license, as NACHI does not have other requirements other than the educational ones they throw at you. But those 'education requirements', once again, are for that certification. Nothing can stop you from inspecting once you have your license. I would, however, suggest that you do some ride alongs for the experience

'Nuff said!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

"We Respect Our Clients Right to Privacy"

Need a home inspection in Arkansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Arkansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 2/2/15, 1:44 PM
Active Poster

Jeffery

I don't understand. In the state of Florida all you need is a license to inspect homes. You are not required to have any association affiliations. She wants to get her business rolling and start making money. From her response I am assuming that she has her license. If she wants to do it association she has every right to do that. So please tell me why a licensed home inspector we need to do for Mike inspections before using her license.
Old 2/2/15, 1:48 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Bill's right, the poster's statement " ....this requirement is keep me from starting"... is inaccurate. She can conduct inspections if duly licensed.

Dom.

Dominic D'Agostino
Home Pride Inspection Services, Inc.
Longwood, FL 32750
407-260-1533