Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Florida Home Inspectors This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida home inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections. Become a home inspector in Florida

Old 7/11/13, 3:56 PM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Default Mold Assesment help

Good afternoon. I need a bit of clarification as I have a potential client and a company that is referring me a good bit of business regarding mold assesment companies. One, it is my understanding that any one performing mold assesment must carrier $1 million in GL and E&O coverge as stated by:

468.8421 Insurance.--
(1) A mold assessor shall maintain general liability and errors and omissions insurance coverage for both preliminary and post-remediation mold assessment insurance coverage of at least $1 million.
(2) A mold remediator shall maintain a general liability insurance policy in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 that includes specific coverage for mold-related claims.

My potential client is saying that something is/has recently changed to this regard? and that this requirement may now be lower? that is question one.

The other question is actually to other insurance agents? who has this coverage as I either would like to see if I can have access to this market or be able to help our mutual clients and send you a referral.
Thanks, and I hope all are doing well.
Dave

David J Wicker
Home Inspection & Drone Insurance
315-552-5334
315-877-3930 - Cell
dwicker@chinsurance.cc
http://chhomeinspectorinsurance.com/
" In your corner"
protecting your business and what's important to you.
Need a home inspection in Indiana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Indiana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/11/13, 4:33 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Default Re: Mold Assesment help

No changes have been made that I am aware of. I have the coverage through the inspector pro program.

Greg Bell
Titusville, Fl

Serving Central Florida

Old 7/12/13, 7:35 AM
New User

Please Note: Jim Mullen is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

David,
No official changes have been made on the State's website @:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...0468.8421.html
Maybe give them a call just to be sure though?
Quote:
468.8421 Insurance.—(1) A mold assessor shall maintain general liability and errors and omissions for both preliminary and postremediation mold assessment insurance coverage of at least $1 million.
(2) A mold remediator shall maintain a general liability insurance policy in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 that includes specific coverage for mold-related claims.
History.—s. 3, ch. 2007-235; s. 31, ch. 2010-106; s. 23, ch. 2010-176.

Old 7/17/13, 10:11 AM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Thank you.
Dave

David J Wicker
Home Inspection & Drone Insurance
315-552-5334
315-877-3930 - Cell
dwicker@chinsurance.cc
http://chhomeinspectorinsurance.com/
" In your corner"
protecting your business and what's important to you.
Old 7/18/13, 12:20 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Keep in mind to become a mold assessor in Florida besides taking the test and having at least one year of experience you have to have a 2 year degree in microbiology, engineering, architecture, industrial hygiene, occupational safety, or a related field of science.