My 4 PT Disclaimer

If I did this right, I have attached a copy of my new 4 PT disclaimer…(still a work in progress)…I am open to any constructive comments you all may have to offer. Or if you like it feel free to use it or any part of it for yourself.

Happy New Year my bruthas!

I do not think you need this right after the first paragraph it seems redundant.

I think it is a little overkill.

I do like the last paragraph. see below:

Structures that are occupied and fully or partially furnished at the time of the inspection many times prevent home inspectors from seeing everything, testing everything, or having access to everything. Concealed defects are not within the scope of the inspection. Along with defects that
I might not have noted due to such conditions, since the structure is still being lived in and used,additional deferred maintenance items may be present

I currently have this on the cover of all my insurance type reports sometime adjusted a bit for the different types. Some one here game me permission to use it. I think it MAY have been Jay but if I am wrong I applolgize to the nice person who gave it to me :slight_smile: See Below:

**By utilizing this report, both the Homeowner and the Insurance Company agrees to hold Michael J. Meeker and Meeker Industries, Inc. harmless for the results of this report or the consequences of the report’s findings. The ratings & life expectancies are professional opinions based upon observed conditions at time of inspection and understood industry standards. Life expectancies & ratings are not a guarantee or warranty. No warranty or guarantee of items inspected, or of insurance coverage or discounts, is expressed or implied Michael J. Meeker or Meeker industries, Inc.
it looks like I may have a spelling error. does anyone know if is spelled correctly?

I am also interested in anyone’s opinions or suggestions on this as well.

I try to keep ALL insurance inspections as short and only give them exactly what they need. The feedback I get is that the agents and underwriters love it because they do not have to wade through a zillion pages of fluff and crap that some home inspectors have become accustomed to doing to make their reports seem more in depth and worth more but from what I hear from the insurance folks they would rather be able to find exactly what they need as quickly as possible and EVERYTHING ELSE just gets in their way and SLOWS them down. Unlike REALTORS they HATE fluff.

Thanks Mike for your imput, I cleaned up some of the redundancies (sp?) I didn’t catch before.

I’m keeping it simple…1 page. I believe something is better than nuthin.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=1][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=1]These are the disclaimers running through my 4 Point. Welcome to use them, just remember were you got them. Hope you never need them.[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=1]

[size=1][FONT=Calibri,Bold]**- (Top of page 1) A Four-Point Insurance Inspection is typically performed for a homeowner when requested by their insurance company to obtain a new insurance policy or renewing an **existing policy. Latent or unobserved defects may be present. This report does not guarantee the insurability of the inspected property. This is NOT a Home Inspection!

[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1]-(Electrical section) Ages & Updates are approximate and based on observation and available data. Panel amperage may be estimated and not ****exact. Wire types and electrical defects may hidden from inspectors observation.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1]

[size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]*[size=1][FONT=Calibri,Bold]**-(Roofing section) ***Life expectancies are a professional opinion based upon observed conditions at the time of inspection and recognized industry *standards. Any system or component can fail at any time. . No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied.

[FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic][size=1]- (Above my Signature) I CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.**[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/FONT]*
[FONT=Calibri,Italic][size=1]. [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic][size=1]No warranty or guarantee is expressed or ****implied. Ages & Updates are approximate & based upon observed condition and known data. Ages and percentages may not be exact.[/size][/FONT][/FONT]*

[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=1][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=1]- (Bottom of everypage) Please Note: This is NOT a Home Inspection! A Four-Point Insurance Inspection is typically performed for a homeowner when requested by their insurance company to obtain a new insurance policy or renewing an existing policy. A Four - Point Insurance Inspection is a limited, visual survey of the heating/air conditioning, roof, electrical and plumbing systems. Latent or unobserved defects may be present. By utilizing this report, Homeowner agrees to hold Inspector and JCM Building Services, LLC harmless for the results of this report or the consequences of the report’s findings. This report does not guarantee the insurability of the inspected property. Life expectancies, ratings, & condition values are a professional opinion based upon observed conditions at the time of inspection and recognized industry standards. Any system or component can fail at any time.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][size=1]
[/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]