P.I.A.'s

Do you use pre inspection agreements for wind mits, 4 points and roof certs.

Anybody have any copies they would like to share…

thanx in advance

I don’t use any agreement for wind mitigation, roof certs, or four points. I get paid on the spot and email report later. Not sure if that is the right way but never had a problem.

Preston are going to melbourne… I sat with you at the last meeting.

Again it comes down to liability…should we be using pia for these ins.insp.

I will be there. It will be good to see you again.

I do not use them as of now. Half the time I never meet the actual client.

On wind mits and roof certs you are not looking for deficiencies - just giving information. What are you going to have them sign. That if you screw up they cannot hold you liable.

Now on the 4 points it might be a different story. You are looking for deficiencies in the roof, electrical system, and plumbing system. Miss those and you may be open for a law suit. I do not use a pia but I make sure I take a lot of pictures in case there is a future problem. Most things you catch should be pretty obvious if you are doing the inspection correctly.

I have to ask…how do you get into the attic and/or get paid if you don’t meet the client?

Combo, electronic key, tenant

Credit Card over the phone.

Sometimes paypal, sometimes a neighbor. sometimes the key under the mat sometimes lock box.

And the neighbor signs the wind mit. Hmmmmm

“Magic”:mrgreen::mrgreen:

There is nothing that states when they must sign. I before recently send them the digital copy. They then print sign and send to whoever they wish.

This is what I make everyone I come into contact with (4pt, roof cert, WM) sign.
I ______________________________________ agree, and understand that this inspection may or may not allow me to receive a discount on my homeowners insurance policy. The cost of this inspection will be $ ________ payable by check or cash today upon completion of this inspection. You can expect the inspection report mailed to you in 3 - 5 working days
.**

Sign_____________________________ Date______________
** ****Inspector

Sign_____________________________ Date______________
** **Homeowner
** **There was no damage done due to this inspection.

Sign after inspection

That is nice and simple and to the point, thanks Kevin.

I wasn’t trying to bust anyones chops about access. I just find it more profesional for me to meet with the client, shake their hand and explain in person what I am doing exactly. I find them more at ease when we meet face to face instead of the phone or email.