Permit date

I have come across an interesting issue, I have a house that has a permit application of 9/1/1994. On the new form it states that the application dates have to be after 9/1/1994 and 3/1/2002 if your outside the HVHZ. I would be interested in seeing what other inspectors would do in this cause as the last form said on or after 9/1/1994 or 3/1/2002. Would you check that it meets compliance or not?

Meets

John are you basing that answer on FACT or opinion?

Is that the day the code went into effect? If so I guess that is another thing wrong with that great new form.

I had the same problem growing up with dates. I was born on 9/1 and they never knew how old I should be and what grade level I would be in.

9/1 means 9/1. If the code went into effect on that date, and the application was filed on that date, then it should meet that code. The only way to tell for sure would be through the inspection or NOA. Per the form, it meets the requirement for age.

[quote=“mmeeker, post:3, topic:69620”]

John are you basing that answer on FACT or opinion?

Is that the day the code went into effect? If so I guess that is another thing wrong with that great new form./QUOTE

The form asks if it was built to the code. The other information is supporting documentation. They should have put “on or after”

You could verify which code it was built to, 88 or 94

The permit application date determines the building code that must be followed to build the home. 9/1/1994 to 3/1/2002 inside the HVHZ answer is B.

Bert