Wind mit - Concrete Roof - did I get this right?

7 story condo building with a flat concrete roof, and ‘decorative’ clay tile roof built on trusses. (See pictures)

I marked it as
Roof Deck: Reinforced Concrete Roof Deck
Shape: Flat (the decorative clay is hip)

I got pictures of the clips and sheathing etc for just in case, but I’m thinking they are irrelevant?

Did I get it right?

Does you license allow you to do a Wind Mit on a commercial structure like that ?
If I’m not mistaken a home inspector’s license is not enough.
You would need to be a CGC or CBC on a structure like that.

It’s not commercial, it’s residential - Condos.

Commercial is a building with a business in it, zoned commercial. Right?

1. Building Code: Was the structure built in compliance with the Florida Building Code (FBC 2001 or later) OR for homes located in the HVHZ (Miami-Dade or Broward counties), South Florida Building Code (SFBC-94)?

A. Built in compliance with the FBC: Year Built __. For homes built in 2002/2003 provide a permit application with a date after 3/1/2002:
Building Permit Application Date (MM/DD/YYYY) //

B. For the HVHZ Only: Built in compliance with the SFBC-94: Year Built . For homes built in 1994, 1995, and 1996 provide a permit application with a date after 9/1/1994: Building Permit Application Date (MM/DD/YYYY) //_

C. Unknown or does not meet the requirements of Answer “A” or “B”

468.8311 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(2) “Home” means any residential real property, or manufactured or modular home, which is a single-family dwelling, duplex, triplex, quadruplex, condominium unit, or cooperative unit. The term does not include the common areas of condominiums or cooperatives.

Yes…it’s that simple. but don’t take my word for it…just ask citizens:

Single-family dwellings
One-to-four-unit residential dwellings, including apartments and condominiums
Residential buildings with one-to-three stories, including five or more unit apartments and condominiums

https://www.citizensfla.com/your-wind-inspection

You’re using the wrong form and you are most likely not licensed to complete the form that is needed. You are doing nothing for the client but taking their money. You are limited to “residential dwellings”, that means anything 3 stories or lower ONLY!

…oh boy.

Citizens’ underwriters review all mitigation forms and other supporting documents. Your mitigation form may not be accepted if the appropriate professional, as outlined in the form, does not perform an inspection or the professional’s Florida license is not active or cannot be verified.
As authorized under Section 627.711(8) of Florida law, Citizens reserves the right to verify any wind mitigation form completed by a qualified inspector by ordering an independent inspection.

Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802)
Single-family dwellings
Residential buildings with one-to-three stories, including five or more unit apartments and condominiums

Building Type II and III Mitigation Verification (MIT-BT II and III)
Required for Personal Residential condominium unit owners or Commercial Residential applicants seeking mitigation credits in buildings with four or more stories.

Commercial Windstorm Protective Device Proof of Compliance (WPD-1C)
Confirms the existence of opening protections and devices for commercial nonresidential buildings

This type of building will require a different form than the 1802 I believe.
And if it does you would need to be a GC.
I’ve ask others to look at this thread to make use I and either correct or wrong.
Hang in there for a while.

Check this out…
https://www.citizensfla.com/documents/20702/31330/Building+Type+II+and+III+Mitigation+Verification+MIT-BT+II+%26+III/00551c26-4d51-4ebe-8987-af4428469325

Required for Personal Residential condominium unit owners or Commercial Residential applicants seeking mitigation credits in buildings with four or more stories.

Bump

110% correct!

I believe Roy is correct only a G.C. Architect or Engineer is going to be able to do it. what is under the hip roof shapes?

HIs do not qualify to fill out the MIT II/III form. Some insurance companies will take an 1802 FOR THE UNIT, not the building. The owner of the unit should simply ask the HOA for a copy of the MIT form(they will have it on file or the HOA insurance company). The 1802 should really be used to verify opening protection on a condo(although there is a form for that also). That is not to say some agents do not insist on an 1802 for the building.

That is a Type III building, built under the IBC standards. If this wind mitigation is for the HOA on the entire building, the MIT-BT II & III commercial form should be used. The minimum qualification for signing that form is a CBC division 1 contractor. If the inspection is for an individual unit owner, then the carriers are accepting the standard 1802 form.

Not according to Citizens:

Citizens’ underwriters review all mitigation forms and other supporting documents. Your mitigation form may not be accepted if the appropriate professional, as outlined in the form, does not perform an inspection or the professional’s Florida license is not active or cannot be verified.
As authorized under Section 627.711(8) of Florida law, Citizens reserves the right to verify any wind mitigation form completed by a qualified inspector by ordering an independent inspection.

Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802)
Single-family dwellings

Building Type II and III Mitigation Verification (MIT-BT II and III)

Commercial Windstorm Protective Device Proof of Compliance (WPD-1C)
Confirms the existence of opening protections and devices for commercial nonresidential buildings

Those pesky facts again…:smiley:

Perhaps your statement would be a little less confusing if it wasn’t so contradictory?

At some point someone has to do the right thing and stand up for the client instead of trying to appease the agent. It’s the wrong form and if you knew anything about mitigation you would know that.

I posted a reply yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. T

Thanks for all the information, I didn’t know it was like this.

Mike, it is a flat concrete roof under the clay tile structure.

Thanks Just wondering :slight_smile:

I really hope it works out for you after you did all the work.

Thanks Roy. It worked out last time so we’ll see what happens.

Mike, these condos are on a private, fancy resort. So I guess they did that to make it look nice.

Cool, hope it was not a problem parking or getting access. Good Luck.

I hate when they want my friggen ID